Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Henry the Hoover

1
Musicians forum / Harley Benton guitars
August 17, 2026, 10:17:04 AM
Hey folks!

I've been looking more and more into HB guitars and I must say there's some cracking looking guitars in their line up. The HB-35 plus in black with gold hardware looks fantastic, and I had a look at the Rickenbacher copies they have and I think they look great too.

What's people's experience with the HB brand? Curious to hear people's thoughts.

I did find out at the weekend if you buy a HB guitar from Thomann you can ask them to inspect the guitar before shipping and they'll do a full setup on it before sending it to you for around 50 quid which I thought was pretty good.

Any thoughts/experiences on HB guitars?

Thanks all! 🙂
2
I couldn't get into Sepultura at all. Seemed very sterile or something. Not that they phoned it in, but I just can't place it.  Those weird backdrops were AI I'm guessing?
3
Metal Discussion / Re: Formless - Mourning Beloveth
June 04, 2026, 06:22:33 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 29, 2026, 07:12:13 AMMB have a new EP or album on the way and I'm really curious to hear it. The revamped line-up, combined with age and wisdom (?) will without doubt add some fresh elements to the band's sound. But, to be fair, the last ten years has seen them expand their musical world so much that they have really opened the door for whichever type of experimentation they may choose. I was listening to an old Metal Ireland podcast interview with Frank and Darren from when Rust & Bone came out and you can see at that time they had transcended the confines of Doom Death by then. I wonder now with Frank no longer playing the guitar, how the dynamic of songwriting might have shifted about. I have high hopes. I know the new guitarist is a mean shredder, and I've no doubt there will be tasty solos to be had- I just hope they maintain some kind of balance on that front.

Interesting. What's the current line up of the band these days? I haven't been checking any social media or anything so not up to date. I saw a while back Frank's not playing the guitar anymore which sucks. Really enjoyed the split they did with Ruins of Beverast(and just checked that was released 6 six years ago, yikes 😅). Looking forward to some new stuff!
4
General Discussion / The 1926 Census
April 18, 2026, 03:38:48 PM
https://nationalarchives.ie/collections/search-the-1926-census/

This just got released this morning. Really interesting digging into it finding my grand parents and their families recorded in it when they were 3/4 years old. Anyone dig into it?
5
Metal Discussion / Re: Irish metal thread
April 10, 2026, 12:38:43 AM
Bit late to the party on this one, but I put on that new Coscradh album on a whim there last week and it's really grown on me. Really good stuff. Adhradh de Goac is absolutely frentic. Few bits where it sounds like Abbath on vocals, and it really blends in well with the rest of the track.
6
Metal Discussion / Re: Warning - New album!
April 08, 2026, 12:46:19 AM
Thats absolutely class. Seems like a middle ground between WFAD and the Inside Room.