Couldn't pick a favourite, it's been a great decade!!!

In no particular order,

Immolation - Atonement
Necros Christos - Domedon Doxomedon
Apocalypse Command - Damnation Scythes of Invincible Abomination
Diocletian - Gesundrian
Perdition Temple - The Tempter's Victorious
Suffocation - Of The Dark Light
Bolzer - Hero
Blood Incantation - Starspawn
Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
Grave Miasma - Endless Pilgrimage
Cruciamentum - Charnel Passages
Ghost - Meloria

A decade is any arbitrary run of ten years, regardless of start and end date, so the eighties does indeed cover 1980-89. 2005-2015 is a decade. A 'calendar' decade is from the ---1 date to the ---0 date, so this 'decade ends at the end of 2020.

That's incorrect. 2010 to end of 2019 is the calendar decade. By your reckoning an album released in 1990 should be considered an 80s album. That simply doesn't make sense.

There's nothing I can say to that that wouldn't be repeating myself, suffice it to say you haven't read the previous post properly.

Quote from: Carnage on December 29, 2019, 03:17:10 PM
A decade is any arbitrary run of ten years, regardless of start and end date, so the eighties does indeed cover 1980-89. 2005-2015 is a decade. A 'calendar' decade is from the ---1 date to the ---0 date, so this 'decade ends at the end of 2020.

Thread isn't called "Album of the CALENDAR Decade", so yeah  :abbath:

Since the thread title was best album, not best albums (this would indeed need a long list), I'll say that I find it very difficult to choose between...

Bölzer - Hero
YOB - Clearing The Path To Ascend
Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden
Vektor - Terminal Redux
Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
Gospel of the Witches - Salem's Wounds
(and probably others I can't recall right now)

...for second place.

But, all things considered, Tribulation's Formulas of Death was the album behind the greatest amount of sheer musical wonder and bliss over the last decade. I don't know what classic would get booted for it, but I know it deserves and would justly get a place in my top 5 metal albums of all time.

Forgot about Foundations of Burden, gonna stick that on to finish the evening.

As for the other parallel discussion:
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/decade.html
"Depends on language [...] in essence, both are correct."

Quote from: Ducky on December 29, 2019, 09:28:44 PM
Quote from: Carnage on December 29, 2019, 03:17:10 PM

Thread isn't called "Album of the CALENDAR Decade", so yeah  :abbath:

It also doesn't specify which decade, as we're being pedantic.

#40 December 30, 2019, 12:15:24 PM Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 01:04:36 PM by Thorn
Agree with the Sheperd's shout for 'Formulas..', ..landmark, iconic, momentous, .. Fits the bill for an album for the decade alright but then again I'm waiting for people to throw up titles I can get behind, can't even fathom trying to unravel the last ten years worth of Metal.

Just looking through everyone's shouts there, can also get with Obscura's  ' Omnivium', Primordial's 'Exile..' ( though it took me a good few listens to get there): and a couple of ferocious Napalm records....
Hmmm.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I actually ignored Formulas for a while when it came out,i loved the first albim,when i heard they moved on from the more death/thrash  sound i was a bit sceptical.

But yeah Formulas is a modern masterpiece,still havent caught them live either!

Quote from: Carnage
It also doesn't specify which decade, as we're being pedantic.

Quote from: BlackWizard on December 26, 2019, 11:36:00 PM
Not only another year has passed however another decade.
What albums have been th3 standout over the past 10 years!
Anyway always interested to hear what others have been obsessed with for the last 10 years!

Quote from: Carnage
You haven't read the previous post properly

#43 December 30, 2019, 01:43:49 PM Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 01:45:24 PM by Thorn
First decade without any of the established BIG names getting even a shout, times they are a changing...

But Yeah, let's discuss what the fuck a decade is.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on December 30, 2019, 01:43:49 PM
First decade without any of the established BIG names getting even a shout, times they are a changing...

Judas Priest's Firepower might be a contender for some...? After that, depends on how established or BIG you mean. Here and elsewhere, I've seen Candlemass and Carcass in some lists, Mastodon in others. But yeah, not really surprising not to see much representation for the big four who started in the mid-80s or the original originals who started even earlier!