Tribulation Formulas of Death. Easily my favourite album of the decade.

Formless and the new Primordial would surely get a look in for album of the decade but I'm not really sure how I'd even begin to compile any sort of list.  Some other brilliant albums mentioned like stuff by Macabre Omen and Nocternity, maybe Belus or Fallen too  (what years were they?), Dautha would probably be up there,  Rebirth of Nefast and the most recent Slidhr... A lot of what I've been listening to lately is stuff from the 90s which I've been digging into so I'm a little out of touch with more recent releases. 

Skepticism's 'Ordeal' might very well be near the top of the pile for me,  actually.

Quote from: Scáthach

Destroyer 666, Wildfire, because it's heavy metal as fuck.
/quote]

Fuck, yeah, might well be the blood, fire, beer, piss , vinegar, horns and wrecked neck album of the decade.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Absolutely loved this when it came out. Saw them imperious live a couple of times. Then the whole candles and cloaks thing got saturated to fuck and it seemed to get lost a little. But still, listening back now its a brilliant melodic black metal album full of catchy numbers and a sort of 70's rock swagger thrown in for good measure.

CULT OF FIRE -, triumvirat

#80 January 03, 2020, 02:08:29 PM Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:18:41 PM by Pentagrimes
Forgive me if I missed it but..given the fuss made over them at the time, very surprised noone mentioned these:

Negative Plane "Stained Glass Revelations"
In Solitude "Sister"
Beastmilk "Climax"

other stuff that springs to mind:
Full of Hell "Trumpeting Ecstacy"
Godflesh "Posthuman"
Drowned "Idola Specus"
Blood Incantation "Starspawn"
Thantifaxath "Sacred White Noise"
Anything Malthusian did pretty much.

Stained Glass Revelations could definitely be a contender, in my head I was putting it before 2010 because it feels like it's been around so long.

Climax though, for all that it's an immensely enjoyable listen, isn't exactly meaty or layered enough to be "album of the decade" material for me.

Forgot about the Beastmilk album actually. Still Formulas though.

#83 January 04, 2020, 01:11:15 PM Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 04:57:00 PM by open face surgery
To add to Negative Plane, Tribulation, In Solitude, Nocternity, Bolzer and a few more mentioned:

Cultes des Ghoules - Henbane
Lvcifyre - Svn Eater
Ride For Revenge - Under The Eye
Grave Miasma - Odori
Antediluvian - Through the Cervix of Howerya
Grave Upheaval - Untitled I
Revenge - Scum.Collapse.Eradication
Swallowed - Lunaterial
Deathspell Omega - Paracletus
Dødsengel - Mirium Occultum
Gorguts - Colored Sands
Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity

There's plenty more but I've lost interest.

EDIT: Regained some interest.

Jaysus,"Lunarterial" for sure.
What was I thinking selling you my Swallowed shirt!

If it helps at all, I can't find it.

Fuck yeah... Lunarterial.  Unreal album.

ALBUM of the decade. Not every fucking decent album that you can remember everyone... Ffs

Quote from: Don Gately on January 05, 2020, 12:08:52 AM
ALBUM of the decade. Not every fucking decent album that you can remember everyone... Ffs

+1

DsO - Paracletus
Beastmilk - Climax
Swans - The Seer
Mgla - Exercises in Futility
Scott Walker & Sunn O))) - Soused

Can't choose between these, all equally brilliant, for different reasons.