That's a tasty announcement. Definitely put to bed any Oxegen replacement notions. This is a metal fest.

Kinda bumming I'm at Download that weekend now. Whose line-up I love but it's been taken as uh...a bit of a quiet year.

Basically just want to have my cake and eat it.

The Distillers might be worth a look too

Fields of Nephelium & Mastadon. Savage. I thought it would be all filler but that's a nice announcement.

Hope you're taking the piss with those spellings.

Mastodon and Fields of the Nephilim are good additions even if the latter was sunk into the bill.

Quote from: open face surgery on December 12, 2019, 07:31:44 PM

Mastodon and Fields of the Nephilim are good additions even if the latter was sunk into the bill.

Matt is that you. Have you come back to social media? If so welcome  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: As regards the spellings i apologise for nothing. Even though they were blatantly wrong.

Sepultura are still solid live and putting out decent material, probably will be much better than watching the Cavaleras bash through material that is 30 years old.

Quote from: kiehozero on December 18, 2019, 07:28:39 PM
Sepultura are still solid live and putting out decent material, probably will be much better than watching the Cavaleras bash through material that is 30 years old.
Saw pics of my mate from a Cavalera conspiracy gig in Scotland last week. Good God, Max has piled the pounds on alright, looks terrible.
And I assume he's still not playing guitar too.

There is a video on YouTube that brings the audience into the Cavalera tourbus. If my children were given a few hundred euros to do the shopping this is exactly how they would have stocked it. Really unbelievable stuff.

Quote from: open face surgery on December 12, 2019, 07:31:44 PM

Yeah, Fields is a great addition to the Saturday...even though they're not really a summer festival, middle-of-the-day band.

How are tickets doing?
Would have thought near sold out by now with only 10,000 tickets.

Quote from: Rockmeister on December 26, 2019, 06:09:39 PM
How are tickets doing?
Would have thought near sold out by now with only 10,000 tickets.

Where did you hear 10,000 tickets?? That can't be right sure there was close to 80,000 at ac dc ten yrs ago....

Great to see this festival happening in Ireland....
Sligo Whiplash Metalfest (Est 2005)
2nd & 3rd August '25
www.sligowhiplash.com

10,000 wouldn't surprise me completely for a maiden voyage with this yoke, but between 15k and 20k I'd imagine? Body & Soul is what, 10-15k? And it always looks hopping. It depends how you fence the site. Festivals are easy to scale for profit  if you're feeling tentative about the first outing/lineup.

FotN would probably be the biggest draw for me, though as mentioned above, not really a summery, middle of the day in a field band. Strange the gig is not listed on their website or FB page.