No sign of this thread in the top pages, so with December upon us I'll get it started. Feel free to contribute or nuke this thread due to the list wars over the years.

As per usual, I've been mad behind on new releases but these have been great.

Quayde LaHue - Love Out of Darkness
Obsequiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings
Moon Tooth - Crux
Mortiferum - Disgorged from Psychotic Depths
Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance
Ebony Pendant - Sempiternal Passage Through Realms of Suffering and Hatred
Riot City - Burn the Night
Aggressive Perfector - Havoc at the Midnight Hour
Traveler - S/T
Lankum - The Livelong Day

I'm shit at remembering what I bought this year and which items I bought are even from this year but off the top of my head...

Funereal Presence 'Achatius'. Outstanding piece of music.
Sacrilegia 'The Triclavian Advent'. Simple, direct and powerful black thrash with heaps of character.
Vircolac 'Masque'. Killer full length from de bize. Catchy and darkly evocative.
Dold Vorde Ens Navn 'Gjengangere I Hjertets Mørke'. Really exciting black metal from scene veterans that dips into the respective members' early work to construct something that sounds modern and relevant.

Terminus 'A Simple Point of Light' CD landed today so looking forward to getting stuck into it.
Also looking forward to the new Bölzer EP. High hopes for that.
The new Lankum stuff sounds great but I haven't grabbed the CD yet.

#2 November 25, 2019, 04:50:49 PM Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:50:59 AM by Pentagrimes

1. Denial Of God - The Hallow Mass
2.  Diocletian ‎– Amongst The Flames Of A Bvrning God
3. Terminus - A Single Point of Light
4. Gaahls Wyrd - GastiR – Ghosts Invited
5. Vircolac - Masque
6. Sacrilegia - The Triclavian Advent
7. Angel Witch - Angel of Light
8. Ravensire - A Stone Engraved in Red
9. Mayhem - Daemon
10.  Midnight Priest - Aggressive Hauntings

The top two spots were a no brainer. Number 3 to eight could have been in any order really.

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: Ghosteen is album of the year for me by a long way, I'll have a think and put a list together.

In no particular order....

KXM - Circle of Dolls
Acid Reign - The Age of Entitlement
Worshipper - Light in the Wire
Ketzer - Cloud Collider
The End Machine - s/t
Derange - Senses Part One

Honourable mention to E.S.T. - Live in Gotherburg even though it's not Metal and was recorded in 2001 but only released this year. No Geography by The Chemical Brothers was good stuff too.

Queensryche and the Pixies put out albums I just cannot get into.

Off the top of my head,been a good year for DM.
Tomb Mold
Blood Incantation
Vastum
Bastard Grave
Nile
Nocturnus
Cancer
Sacrilegia
Rotting Christ

#7 November 25, 2019, 07:17:22 PM Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 07:28:06 PM by kamen
Cult of Luna - A Dawn to Fear
Esoteric - A Pyrrhic Existence
Reido - Anātman
Sunn O))) - Life Metal / Pyroclasts
Tool - Fear Inoculum
Aria - Guest from the Realm of Shadows (live album)

Non-metal:
Adaptatsiya - Oruell
Big Thief - UFOF / Two Hands
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow
Shannon Lay - August

I'll give When We Are Forgotten by Imperium Dekadenz my AOTY shout.

Inter Arma's "Sulphur English" needs to go on mine as well

In no order...

1. Warforged - I: Voice. Amazing blackened death album, just wish the production was slightly better at times.
2. Vitriol - To Bathe from the Neck of Cowardice. Tough work to get through this but it seems to get better every listen, super intense.
3. Full of Hell - Weeping Choir. Not their best, but the usual savage grindcore I love to hear from them. Saw them live in Berlin which was also great.
4. Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race. Might be recency bias but I absolutely loved this.
5. Liturgy - H.A.Q.Q. Possibly another recency bias pick. Took everything I looked from Aesthetica and did it again and even better.

Will probably update this next week and add Cattle Decapitation to the list, time will tell.

Devin Townsend - Empath
Xoth - Interdimensional Invocations

I think that's actually the only two releases from his year I've really listened to

Slutvomit - Copulation of Cloven Hooves takes the number one spot for sure. Incredible album.

Achatius at a close second , echoing McLove's sentiments.

Area Kingdom - By The Light of Their Destruction. Probably the best thing they've done since Return To Dust.

I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, as per every fuckin year, so will post an updated list next month.  But on a quick jog of the memory:

Lingua Ignota - "Caligula" (AOTY)
Torche - "Admission"
Kayo Dot - "Blasphemy"
Inter Arma - "Sulphur English"
Spotlights - "Love and Decay"

...I definitely listened to more new albums than that, must look through them.