Any one on here a fan?? Went to see angerfist in Amsterdam on Saturday - quite the experience it must be said

Love it. Will write more later.

Absolutely horrid music. Gabber is to dance/electronic music what goregrind is to metal. Couldn't tell you what the current state of Gabber is but I sincerely doubt it has progressed much beyond those Thunderdome tapes my buddies used to listen to back in the 90s.

Quote from: John Kimble on November 25, 2019, 06:00:30 PM
Absolutely horrid music. Gabber is to dance/electronic music what goregrind is to metal. Couldn't tell you what the current state of Gabber is but I sincerely doubt it has progressed much beyond those Thunderdome tapes my buddies used to listen to back in the 90s.

Not sure that analogy is true - it has been said that gabber is to dance as black metal is to metal. Gabber in 2019 is totally different sonically to what it was in the 90s- the kick and the bass are completely different for a start. Can't beat those thunderdome albums for me though.

Another Thunderdome refugee from back in the day here.

Couldn't stand it at the time, the lads used to bring those Thunderdome tapes into school and play them in the class or in the bus just to piss people off. It worked a charm.

#5 November 25, 2019, 08:23:32 PM Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:26:18 PM by blessed1
100% knacker music
and this is coming from big joe himself

Quote from: blessed1 on November 25, 2019, 08:23:32 PM
100% knacker music

You'd be surprised with the amount of metalheads that were at the show Saturday - I think trance is more nackerish tbh. Don't think any of the scooter brigade would have even heard of angerfist or the like

Quote from: Bogmetaller on November 25, 2019, 09:33:10 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on November 25, 2019, 08:23:32 PM
100% knacker music

Big joe disagrees

You'd be surprised with the amount of metalheads that were at the show Saturday - I think trance is more nackerish tbh. Don't think any of the scooter brigade would have even heard of angerfist or the like

I think the only thing gabber-related I've ever heard is the Ultraviolence cover of Paranoid... I kinda want to hear more in a must-look-at-car-crash kind of way.

Quote from: Ducky on November 30, 2019, 01:04:33 AM
I think the only thing gabber-related I've ever heard is the Ultraviolence cover of Paranoid... I kinda want to hear more in a must-look-at-car-crash kind of way.

Dj Dano did two covers of Fear Factory songs - one is good one is shite - can't remember what two ff songs they were but type it into YouTube and they'll come up straight away

https://youtu.be/ER1GRAr9J9E

Petbrick put this out a while ago, Igor Cavalera does a lot of DJing these days.

Quote from: kiehozero on December 01, 2019, 05:44:49 PM

https://youtu.be/ER1GRAr9J9E

Petbrick put this out a while ago, Igor Cavalera does a lot of DJing these days.

Some of that is good-I like gabber the same way I like metal - fast. Slow stuff doesn't do it as much for me