Just saw this and thought it was funny, wouldn't have thought you'd expect to get paid for making a one off guest appearance, 20 years is a bit late to start complaining, although he does have a book coming out  :laugh:.

https://metalinjection.net/latest-news/original-thin-lizzy-guitarist-slams-metallica-says-they-owe-him-money

Might as well start the puns 'It's only Money'.

What a bunch of Vagabonds.

Fuck off, I'm leaving my coat where it is.

Is it the done thing to pay guest musicians when you've flown them in?

#3 October 28, 2019, 07:26:30 PM Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:28:31 PM by The Heretic
For Whom Eric Bell Tolls
Am I Eric.....yes I am..

Quote from: Carnage on October 28, 2019, 06:19:19 PM
What a bunch of Vagabonds.

Fuck off, I'm leaving my coat where it is.

Is it the done thing to pay guest musicians when you've flown them in?
I don't think so tbh, like the quote says he was 'quietly expecting about two grand' which sounds like there was never any talk of money, so I don't know why he'd just be expecting it. They flew him in and flew him home, it's not like he lost out on anything.

#5 October 28, 2019, 08:16:07 PM Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:29:55 PM by Paul keohane
Dyers Eric.

They sent a private jet for him,id imagine he could have had all the booze and grub he wanted for the day,,a bit of craic is all this was.
He needs to fuck off,if he wanted money he should have asked when contact was firts made.

Comes across as a complete twat. According to the full article "He added: "If Metallica ever asked me to guest with them again, I'd ask for five grand in advance. In cash so I'd know I had it in my pocket"
Yeah, I'd say the chances of that happening again are slim. He wasn't asked to play 'a gig', he was invited to make a guest appearance and seemed to have been fairly well treated. Yeah, they're stinking rich but I wouldn't have thought it commonplace to pay an act for a guest appearance during one song.

The fact that he gets a few pence every time they play the song, every time someone buys the album or (legally) downloads/streams it is escaping him, it seems.

Shame, you hate to see a hero act like a twat. Not that that's a rare thing in fairness, but he always came across well previously.

He makes a living from playing gigs so, in his position, it's not unusual to expect payment. He's not just jamming with some goons in the local pub, though. He should have clarified it all beforehand and he does come across as a tit bringing it up now in that manner. Did he really expect to find a wadge of cash at the bottom of the bag o' 'tallimerch? Ah well.

He could clear two grand no problem if he still has the bag with that story out there now. 'tallica familyah has deep pockets.

Oh yes, Master of Payments.

Bill 'Em All.

Is he still playing? I haven't heard much about for a while, I think the Rory Gallagher festival a few years ago was the last time his name drew my attention.

Quote from: Juggz on October 28, 2019, 11:59:20 PM
He makes a living from playing gigs so, in his position, it's not unusual to expect payment. He's not just jamming with some goons in the local pub, though. He should have clarified it all beforehand and he does come across as a tit bringing it up now in that manner. Did he really expect to find a wadge of cash at the bottom of the bag o' 'tallimerch? Ah well.

He could clear two grand no problem if he still has the bag with that story out there now. 'tallica familyah has deep pockets.

Oh yes, Master of Payments.

Yep, he's a musician, he should get paid considering the wad of money these lads make at every gig, but if you don't set a price what do you expect.

No contract ..... No Recourse* (*ahem ... sorry)
Maybe Bell has some Creeping Debts* (*really sorry)

Quote from: Carnage on October 28, 2019, 11:03:12 PM
The fact that he gets a few pence every time they play the song, every time someone buys the album or (legally) downloads/streams it is escaping him, it seems.

Does he?

Not an expert on how royalties work, but the song wasn't written by Thin Lizzy.

The interpretation wouldn't be enough to get a credit, no? I don't know TBH.