#60 October 01, 2019, 10:46:53 AM Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:59:33 AM by Cryptic Stench
Dance of Death is the worst out of that bunch lads. A farcical album dripping in pure cringe, the melody from Dance of Death itself is absolute comedy "and I danced and I pranced....." Shite album cover too.

Final Frontier has a few good tracks but mostly forgettable. Coming home is toe curling, and the Alchemist is Be Quick or Be Dead, it's the same fucking song lads and it wasn't great to begin with!

Brave is a good record alright, forgot about about that when making my initial statement .

Yeah the title track is pretty muck, and I'll never understand how they signed off on cover art that hadn't even been finished. But Paschendale, Montsegur, Face in the Sand, Journeyman...all great songs for me

Couple of good ones mentioned but Journeyman is horrific as is Wildest Dreams, No More Lies etc etc.

Part of the problem with these records is Nickos drumming, it's become incredibly samey, fills in particular and use of cymbals. I'm starting to think they're using the same takes from earlier records.

They haven't put out a solid album since No Prayer for the Dying

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on October 01, 2019, 09:05:44 AM
Seriously though, does anyone get any value out of latterday Maiden records. I stuck Book of Souls on the other night, jesus it was painful - it became a test of endurance and stubborness to get to the end of it.

No.I think the last decent thing they did was dance of death. Brave new world is definitely the best of the newer ones.in fact I think it's their most consistent album overall.
Nicky's drumming is fucking woeful these days. That shite he does with the closed hi hats is pathetic and sounds weak as piss.

Quote from: Nixer on October 01, 2019, 11:54:17 AM

That's a very weak album though.

Really is shite watching a band we all grew up on playing their best tunes, innit?
With a great stage show and Bruce sounding better than he's been in years.

T**ts

Go back and get yer limp biskit CD on after school.
T**t

Quote from: Blitzer666 on October 01, 2019, 02:10:35 PM

Go back and get yer limp biskit CD on after school.
T**t

Obviously doesn't know nixer

Being a Maiden mongo myself, Ive thought that every album from Brave New World through to The Final Frontier has been the best they have ever done, upon release. After about 2 years that turns to thinking they are pish. Dance of Death and Final Frontier are only kept from bottom spot by Fear of the Dark. What a bag of wank that is. That said, Dance of Death has Paschendale and the title track, fuckin deadly tracks, cringy lyrics be damned.
The outlier is The Book of Souls. The fucker is too long, Ive only listened to it in full a handful of times. Some great stuff on there, like the last 4mins of The Red And The Black but I cant be fucked listening to 9mins of garbage to get there. Similar can be said of the title track.
Also some great stuff on AMOLAD but its about 20mins too long and by half way the production has given me a headache.
All that said, best band in the world.

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on October 01, 2019, 02:06:16 PM

That's a very weak album though.

Holy Smoke is my favorite pre-Dianno Maiden track

Lads Dance Of Death is Fear Of The Dark, lyrically the same fuckin thing. Musically the same too except Dance has the feel of an Irish jig.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on October 01, 2019, 03:03:41 PM
Lads Dance Of Death is Fear Of The Dark, lyrically the same fuckin thing. Musically the same too except Dance has the feel of an Irish jig.
Shock horror, 40 year old metal band has a formula.

Good man. I'm saying Maiden seem to get a pass for releasing the same record over and over.

To be fair, ACDC have being doing it twice as long and half as good.