I know there are fans here - the sneaky fuckers are releasing a new album next week!! I'm very excited, particularly if this leads to a Dublin show next year

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nick-cave-new-album-ghosteen-888656/

Interesting. Their last few have left me cold, hopefully this one gets them back on track.

You'd want to be either made of stone to be left cold by that last one.

The last one I enjoyed was Nocturama, though it seems noone else did. The subsequent ones just haven't done it for me.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 23, 2019, 02:18:52 PM
You'd want to be either made of stone to be left cold by that last one.

I thought Skeleton Tree was their best release in quite some time, and I say that as someone that enjoys most of their mid to late period stuff.

Excited for the new one, a nice surprise! Unusually go on a Bad Seeds binge around this time of year too, what with the seasons changing.

Great record. Almost ambient this time around, flows on nicely from Skeleton Tree but more dreamlike.

Agree, it'll take a while to fill digest it properly and the atmosphere lends itself to laying back and listening to it late night, but certainly enjoying it so far.

I finally got to listen to Ghosteen on the train today. Jesus christ, it's a serious album. It just draws you in from the off and doesn't let up. Beautiful, absolutely perfect. AOTY for me, pre-ordered the physical version immediately.

#8 January 14, 2020, 09:20:25 PM Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:23:10 PM by Scáthach
This thread needs a bump. Pentagrimes' intuition above was spot on, Dublin gig in the Point in the Summer is announced. I was wondering, has anyone here seen NCatBS live in the last few years? More specifically since the new direction around the time of the Skeleton Tree. Lovely music on the records, but would it lose potency and intimacy in a venue like that?
Edit -  Friday 8th and Saturday 9th May are the gig dates.

Has anyone checked out his recent solo live album, Idiot Prayer? Just him and a piano, playing a good variety of Bad Seeds tunes, even a couple of Grinderman songs thrown in. It's excellent, some of the older ones sound quute chilling in such sparse arrangements.

#10 March 14, 2021, 03:05:15 PM Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 03:06:51 PM by Nazgûl
I haven't, but I have checked out the new album 'Carnage' he released last week. It's deadly! Taking a slightly darker route again from his last one.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing that one. Given that The Bad Seeds is essentially just him and Ellis now, it's no surprise that it was released under their names. Terrible, terrible cover though. Dig Lazarus Dig and Skeleton Tree bad.

Watched Once More With Feeling last night, the documentary about the recording of Skeleton Tree in the aftermath of his son's death. Unnecessary black & white aside, it's pretty good and quite moving at times.