Nice! Added to the gig list

Their new album was enjoyable

Yep they are a Brilliant band yer man Rich Walker knows how to write some cracking music  :)

Yeah, love Solstice - haven't seen them in years. Has to be said though, Rich comes accross as being a twat.

Weird. Thinking exactly the same about you cryptic stench

As this is a metal "warfare" forum, I fully expect if you write shite about people you never met, they can come back and call you a presumptuous bell end

But didn't we have the same fucking conversation earlier this year and you back tracked?

Some people never learn.

Let's keep it civil guys. I guess you could call it "Civil Warfare"...

QuoteWeird. Thinking exactly the same about you cryptic stench

Ok dude, take it easy. I'll be at the show!

Anyone wondering how this will turn out? I've seen Solstice a good few times in recent years and I think each time they've gone on early and seemed keen to finish up, despite often being the biggest draw on the bill. Mourning Beloveth are perennial support on this island and a festival band in Europe. I think the only time I've seen them do a headline gig was in Edinburgh a few years back (it's on YouTube and is awesome). The question being I suppose, how long are we likely to get out of two of the best doom bands of the last 20 years and which of them will really grab the bull by the horns and make it 'their' gig?

I'd say in around the hundred mark if I were a betting man.

Expecting decent sets from all!

Only managed to catch Solstice once, 7 or 8 years ago with Primordial and Desaster. Cracking band, seriously powerful riffs. Would love to be hitting this but have a feckin wedding to go to!

Heading down to this tomorrow, looking forward to it...

Bought the ticket on the Invictus Website, I'm assuming I just show the email at the door or something?

Looking forward too tomorrow should be a savage one   :)

From Invictus Facespace

Folks, there's a change to the running order. Please share! Regrettably Andy from Solstice won't be performing but they will, in their for ale, for Albion & for metal defiance, perform as a four piece! This means that Mourning Beloveth will now headline tonight's show with Solstice going on earlier. MB will also perform an extra track do everyone get in early to catch all three bands. Doors at 6:15 pm. Pay on the door is fine! Crusade!!

Bit of a shame they have to play with a reduced team but no doubt it'll still be savage.  An extra MB song sounds good to me too  8)