Hello, MetalWarfare!
Plague Pit's new EP, Labyrinthine, was released last night.
It's available as a digital purchase and free streaming on Bandcamp:

https://plaguepit.bandcamp.com/album/labyrinthine

It's also live on Spotify and many other digital streaming services:
https://open.spotify.com/album/34C11yjv7JXwhrQvujREvr

CD releases of our first 2 albums are available for purchase on Bandcamp as well:
https://plaguepit.bandcamp.com/merch

If you reach out to us directly on this forum, we can offer better prices than those on bandcamp, 6€ for the first and 8€ for the second.

Thank you all very much for the interest in Plague Pit. This was the first community to take notice of the debut and we're very thankful for that!

That sounds pretty decent, going to be doing any physical copies or just keeping it digital?

Nice artwork.  It reminds me of 'The Bastard' by Hammers of Misfortune. I'll give it a listen later.

#3 September 15, 2019, 11:51:22 AM Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:54:35 AM by malcontent
Quote from: Trev on September 14, 2019, 06:26:13 PM
That sounds pretty decent, going to be doing any physical copies or just keeping it digital?
Thanks for checking it out! We might do a physical release, it depends on whether the label will want to release the CD or not. There can be a long delay between the physical and digital releases though. For instance, Topheth Ablaze was released digitally in January and it's only coming out on CD this month.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 14, 2019, 07:22:13 PM
Nice artwork.  It reminds me of 'The Bastard' by Hammers of Misfortune. I'll give it a listen later.
Thanks a lot! I haven't heard this band but I googled their artwork and, indeed, there's a similar vibe.

Sounds brilliant man, what label is it coming out on if it does get a physical release?

Quote from: keeper of kalessin on September 16, 2019, 04:23:48 PM
Sounds brilliant man, what label is it coming out on if it does get a physical release?

Hello!
Thanks for checking out our EP. Ablaze Productions from Mexico released our first 2, so they may be interested in this one as well. It's 100% up to them though. We're not actively trying to get it released on physical media, to be honest. I don't think there's enough interest in our material to warrant the trouble - but if somebody wants to do it, we won't stop them.

Still absolutely insistent on not playing live?

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 17, 2019, 12:07:32 PM
Still absolutely insistent on not playing live?
Yes. I know that playing live would perhaps make us look more legit, but now we're only 2 people and all the work and logistics that would have to be put into this are beyond what we can commit to at the moment (and the future is not looking much better tbh). Our gear purchases are also completely focused on the recording and production ends of the spectrum, so we'd have to invest in new equipment that would ultimately end up underutilized. On top of that, with the fucked up work/life balance that we have, we'd only be able to play sporadically, for the same 5-6 people that care  :laugh:

The bottom line is: we'd go from a halfway decent studio band to a struggling, underfunded live band.

edit: illiteracy

Absolutely getcha on that. A limited budget is probably best utilised being able to write and record frequently than throwing it away on rehearsals to play the same set for a handful of people (and likely not be paid for it) every few months, and I'd also imagine given the complexity of some of the material on the album finding requisite live members would be no joke either. Twould be cool to see live but that all makes sense.

A quick update:

We've just received a few copies of our first 2 albums on CD, released by the Mexican label Ablaze Productions. We'll be listing them on Bandcamp tonight. Links will be posted here when everything is properly catalogued on our Bandcamp.

We just added the CDs to our bandcamp:
https://plaguepit.bandcamp.com/merch

If you reach out to us directly on this forum, we can offer better prices than those on bandcamp, 6€ for the first and 8€ for the second.

Quote from: ResidentOfBok on September 18, 2019, 05:27:13 PM
Digging the bejaysus out of that new release.
Thanks, man! Glad to know you like it. It's shorter than the other 2, but much more time was spent on this one.

Been keeping up on the last few releases through Bandcamp, last two are class.  Must sort out the new one and the CD's after the long march to payday is done.