I wonder how many more times Behemoth will play here? There's not much of a gap between their gigs

Slightly irrelevant when supporting Slipknot :)
www.dme-promotions.com
www.facebook.com/dmepromotions
www.instagram.com/dmepromotions
www.twitter.com/dmepromotions

Yeah, won't be bothering with this. Slipknot, no thanks. Plus I don't think it could top the Limerick show on any level for enjoying Behemoth.

I must say I really enjoyed Slipknot when I caught them at Hellfest about 15 years ago. If they were playing in my city I'd definitely head along for them.

I do wonder how much of the disdain is genuine or just a knee-jerk reaction to the genre & generation they were perceived to be? A bit like the insane reaction to emo kids and the ensuing witch hunt once upon a time in Mexico....

If they played Cork id definitely go,ive none of their albums and not into them ,but there is far worse shit out there in the metal world imo.

For all the moaning and dislike in the underground scene towards them,  i bet you there are hundreds of thousands of metal heads got into death and black  metal because of  Slipknot,no doubt.

Heard two tracks off their new album, one was great, the other awful.

Great show for Behemoth to open in any case!

Behemoth are nearly more commercial than Slipknot these days. Some amount of outfit changes and pre recorded material piped through the PA at that vicar street gig this year.

More prolific with their merchandise than even COF were in their heyday, nearly KISS level whorage. Still wouldn't mind seeing them live at some stage, but wouldn't have any interest in the Slipknot circus.

Quote from: Carnage on August 27, 2019, 09:25:35 PM
More prolific with their merchandise than even COF were in their heyday, nearly KISS level whorage.

And I'd say fair fecking play boss! Why the hell not?

Besides, I'd much prefer to see people showing their support for this kind of music than radio friendly dross. It's not like there's no demand and people are being forced to buy their merch.

Your COF comment reminds me of my youth heading to fecking mass with my buddy who had their Fuck Your God long sleeve during their demo days  :laugh: Cringe now tho at both aspects!!

Nah, good luck to 'em, probably more money in the merch than the music.

In fairness, I done my research on Slipknot years ago before slating them...yep they are what they are but they usually put on a great live performance. Anyone's who's not familiar, their first album while good, has a lot of nu-metaly stuff but they'd shook that off by second album IOWA which is heavy, full of anger and just a damn good metal album, don't know much after that.

Can't remember the exact year but remember being gutted about that gig they had to pull over complaints by the parents council or something. Was it around the time of Iowa? That's the last material I'm familiar with. I'd say they put on a decent show. Fuck me though, that s/t has not aged well. Those horrible turntable scratches and the weedy snare sound. Awful stuff.

That was 1999/2000 around the time of the first record.