absolutely amazing gig :abbath:

have to agree with others here, that crowd was abysmal.

embarassing at times, there was a lad infront of us wearing a parka jacket (yes who gives a fuck, but ...ye had to be there)

i just didn't feel the crowd were into it at all!

loved the setlist, couldn't fault it. hope they come back !

Did a large chunk of the crowd just turn up because Ghost supported Metallica? and just werent very familiar with lots of the material?.Was it a case of 'yeah ive heard of Ghost,they supported Metallica,lets check them out'?

Probably but tbh that's what I would have expected. I don't think ghost have enough fans here that know all their stuff for a venue of that size so it was going to be fairly full of people coming to check them out.
Would love to see them in a smaller venue, even the Marquee in Cork(like)

Quote from: northside hoop on November 21, 2019, 04:29:02 PM
Great gig.

Thought a lot of the fans didn't know Satan Prayer though and it made the singalong section a bit cringe.

I thought that too, loads near me singing the material that was only released a few weeks ago even, a biggy or so I thought from the first album and nothing! (I tried all the same  :P)

Brilliant gig, would like to see Tribulation at their own show only seen as support before and missed the Siege, ATW did zero but found no harm watching until the drum solo which was tedious and decided I'd seen enough.

Ghost were top notch was entertained for the 2 hours, his character is a goofball so not fussed about him having him play it out.Set up in the place was grand and enough to certainly deem it a success it had crossed my mind beforehand it could be their first and last headline show here  :laugh:

Quote from: Loaf on November 22, 2019, 10:21:50 PM

embarassing at times, there was a lad infront of us wearing a parka jacket (yes who gives a fuck, but ...ye had to be there)

I was wearing a parka at this. Was also seated. Strike me down. I'd be more embarrassed had I paid for the ticket.

Great show but can't get into the music at all, which is not metal for the parka wearing record, but too much in between song rubbish.

Lol, awkward!!!!!

Had to Google parka jacket just to make sure it was what I thought it was as wasn't sure what was so bad about one.
But fuck it, you don't need to wear a heavy metal uniform to prove you're metal... metal is in the heart...and other pretentious bollocks etc.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 30, 2019, 11:44:45 AM
Quote from: Loaf on November 22, 2019, 10:21:50 PM

I was wearing a parka at this. Was also seated. Strike me down. I'd be more embarrassed had I paid for the ticket.

Great show but can't get into the music at all, which is not metal for the parka wearing record, but too much in between song rubbish.

ah nothing wrong with that at all! it was moreso the fact it was a sweatbox where we were in the crowd, sweat beating off me and this guy had it zipped all the way up , just chilling :laugh:

don't know why i mentioned it, "ye had to be there"

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on November 30, 2019, 10:00:44 PM
Lol, awkward!!!!!

Had to Google parka jacket just to make sure it was what I thought it was as wasn't sure what was so bad about one.
But fuck it, you don't need to wear a heavy metal uniform to prove you're metal... metal is in the heart...and other pretentious bollocks etc.

lol forgive me, it wasn't from a "wear the fuckin uniform :abbath:" perspective, it was just 100 degrees where we were standing and yer man looked insane to begin with!