I saw this pop up on Spotify and I wasn't aware they were working on a new one. I was slightly uninterested at first as the last few albums have sounded pretty similar to me so I was expecting this one to be more of the same, but I've been enjoying it so far. There's some cool choiry/synth parts throughout which sound pretty cool. It's up on Bandcamp for anyone interested

https://slomatics.bandcamp.com/album/canyons

Great band, this one certainly sounds different to the other ones.

Just waiting for it to arrive...

That artwork is pretty cool!

Looking forward to it. Estron is still my favourite doom release by a band from this island.

Just hit play.  This is great.  Such growth from their more primitive earlier style.  I love the added keyboard and the vocals are fantastic but I can't put my finger on who they remind me of.

#6 June 27, 2019, 04:07:04 PM Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:09:34 PM by welshchris
Hey been lurking.
New video for Telemachus, My Son out today. Figured I'd let ya all know :)

https://youtu.be/XEbEp2VhxZM

What I've heard of it so far has been class, the keyboards work really well. Touch of Netherlands in the fuzzy end of things, maybe?

Great riffs & atmosphere, synth and guitars work really well together.
But the drums, it's hard to put my finger on it, the drums turn me off it a little

Have given this a few listens over the last week and am duly impressed. Everything mentioned above, synth, guitars, atmosphere, riffs, composition, all great. Special praise has to go to the vocals too; they're delivered a tangible notch above where they've ever been before in terms of confidence and conviction, not to mention timbre and pitch.

May just have what it takes to knock Estron off my top slot over the next few weeks.

Still waiting on this to be delivered from Black Bow.   

Email said it was dispatched nearly 2 weeks ago.
Not looking too good, I think!     :(

Just came here to post something similar. Bought it on the 2nd, shipping notification on the 11th, when there was no sign of it on Monday (22nd) I emailed, was asked my address and I had to send another mail today to find out that it was only sent yesterday. Shoddy.

Maybe give him a shout about yours?

Having same issue, still waiting on an order.

Are Conan touring at the moment? That might explain the delay.

Quote from: Carnage on July 24, 2019, 07:31:55 PM
Are Conan touring at the moment? That might explain the delay.
[/quote

Didn't know it was them, oh well- perhaps that's the reason then. Will wait.