Did ye see Joseph B getting DESTROYED last night? As for Kelvin Gastelum.... his ship is sailing.

Yeah that was hard to watch, everytime yer man Deiveson was landing was putting him on jelly legs, the choke was pretty brutal too.

As exciting as he is I don't see him holding the belt for long though, seems like a brawler who's good but not a 'champ' type, I could see Brandon Moreno or the Russian lad Askarov who fought last night beating him.

Gastelum is a 10th Planet Black belt too, very odd to see him caught in that submission. The guy went for it once and then got it the second time. Maybe too hyped up Gastelum?

Joseph Duffy got caught in a guillotine too. Lots of submissions which is cool to see.

Ay was gutting to see Duffy get caught again, he announced his retirement after too.

I would have loved to see him put a good run together but I've wondered if he was really 100% focused on MMA because he only came back to MMA after McGregor got famous, he obviously has talent but if you're not fully committed you're not going to make it in a sport that brutal.

Gastelum  is the last of the juice fighters feeling the effects of today's advanced testing.

Seeing Duffy get guillotined was  a  hard watch.

BKFC Is back tonight live on Youtube
Bellator is also back tonight I think it's on Sky sports.

I can't wait for tomorrow as well some great fights and the return of the reaper. Mad to think that fight was suppose to take place in Dublin.

Really hope Whitaker wins. I tried with Till but he's just a scumbag from what I can tell. Kinihans etc. Oul McGregor not much better I suppose.

Till is an altar boy compared to Mc Gregor. I'd say some of these lads probably need Kinihan and the likes to fund fight camps when they are up and coming as the UFC only really pays the most well known fighters a decent wage. It's the same with Khabib associating with Kadyrov most likely doesn't want to but doesn't have a lot of say about it.

Was at a BBQ so only really saw the last 3 fights last night. Not bad but nothing great. Was happy with the outcome of the main event as I like both but wanted Whittaker to win and Till lost in the best possible way in that he took on a big challenge gave it a good shot but lost with dignity so he will be back again as well.

Whittaker such a good fighter in fairness. I was a bit harsh on Till in fairness, he conducts himself a tonne better than McGregor in fairness. Was great to see Werdum finish in such a way also. Gustafson looked far from a heavyweight. Not sure if he'll.do anything at heavyweight tbh.

#399 July 29, 2020, 02:30:57 PM Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:36:25 PM by enoch
Gastelum has great hands. that heel hook looked relatively sloppily applied from hermansson surprised he managed to finish with it. werdum has the slickest bjj at heavy weight. when he gets on someones back its usually all over. heeeeeey!

If any of you are striking fans ONE FC is putting on a card tomorrow that will be on youtube at half 1 in the day, it's mostly Muay Thai/Kickboxing and has some of the best thai boxers facing each other, which is pretty rare outside of the thai stadiums, should be a great card.

"Greatest ever..."
"Greatest of all time"
"Baddest man/woman on the planet"

UFC have really bastardised these phrases. Every 2nd fighter is called one of these phrases.

I'd agree. It's the wrestling influence and marketing hyperbole also. They can't get away from the fact that there really is a short shelf life for a lot of fighters. Miocic was v good again last night, what a warrior, but chances are he could lose again in the next fight or two. Then someone else will be the 'baddest of all time' etc etc.

So will Ngannou do it this time around?

I'd love to see Jones vs Miocic. That would be fight of the decade I reckon. Dunno if it's ever been mentioned