Even though I had a feeling Gaethje would win it was still gutting seeing Ferguson lose like that, he should have rightfully had the real belt 3 years ago when Conor fucked off to fight Mayweather, he's like 36 now so will probably never get his shot.

I think Gaethje poses some interesting challenges for Khabib though, Khabib's never really fought someone with Gaethje's wrestling background.

That was so disappointing. Early stoppage for Henry now he's retiring for money which he probably won't get I think last nights fight is the biggest draw he will ever have and I don't see Cruz fighting again.

Thanks to the main event we will now never see Tony and Khabib. I can't see Gaethje doing much to Khabib it will just be UFC 242 all over again.

Cruz is accusing the ref of being under the influence of alcohol during the fight, bit of a sore loser, whether it was a good stoppage or not.

#363 May 10, 2020, 09:42:56 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:46:31 PM by Aborted
As in saying he was drunk on the job As in saying he was drunk on the job or more of a 'he must have been drunk or something' as not actually accusing him of being drunk but more wtf was he thinking kind of way!?

edit:
nm found it  :-\

"That was an early stoppage, 100 percent – I'm positive of it," Cruz said on the UFC 249 post-fight show on ESPN. "I wish there was a way to keep these refs a little more responsible sometimes. The guy smelled like alcohol and cigarettes, so who knows what he was doing. Definitely (he did). I wish they drug tested them. I know Herb Dean is good. He's one of the best refs. I immediately when I saw that ref I was like, 'Man, is there a way to veto a ref and get a new one?' I wonder that."

Was waiting on a big payout on under 4.5 rounds on that, there was a fairly chunky differenc for some reason on not to go the distance and under 4.5. Never again
Play the Academy July 13th

Anyone watching tonight?

They added some new fights to 250 but still a very poor card for a PPV I can see becoming the lowest selling PPV in UFC history.

Doubt I'll stay up for this card, its really gotta be a good line up to get me to stay up unless I just happen to not be tired etc.

Odd that Chookagain is fighting Valentina Shevchenko's sister after she got beaten by her only 3 months ago!  :-\
With Shevchenko's sister now in the same division as her I assume that perhaps Valentina  will perhaps move up to Bantamweight rather than fight her sister.

Jesus it's been 15 months since Woodley fought against Usman  ???
He needs to back up all the shite he's been rambling on about on his social media.. painful stuff

First 4 fights have been pretty decent

Burns some beast, beautiful fighter, very technical. It's amazing to think that Woodley has never been stopped. He fights in a cagey manner, and honestly, in terms of martial arts, that's the way to go. In terms of UFC it results in you losing because you're not seen as aggressive enough. I admire a guy that can come through 5 rounds relatively unscathed like that, but he'll need to throw caution to the wind if he wants to get the belt back. He has everything it takes to win again, but my god is Burns very very good too. People talk.about the Conor, Khabib division so much, but if you look at the killers in the welterweight division, it's a far scarier division.

Just looking at his pedigree. World champ Jiu Jitsu and Dutch Kickboxing..what a combination. Didn't realise he assassinated Demian Maia too. He'll cause anyone a headache. Possible future champ.

Yup, I didn't manage to stay up for the whole thing but when I heard how he dominated the fight it didn't surprise me that woodley wasn't doing enough again. He talks so much shit on social media and then when he gets there he can't 'pull the trigger'. He's got to get his head in the right place to get back on top otherwise he's going to be in a similar position to Cowboy and some others and it's purely on the night we might get an amazing fight or some lacklustre performance.

I think once you've fought as much as he has, lets not forget, been an amazing champion, you start to become a lot less gung ho. His 'survival' rate is a testament to that.machida became a bit like that, and who would you rather look like when you're 50, Tyron and Lyoto or Nate Diaz? The bruisers ultimately pay a heavy heavy price. If he can find a way to balance what is really a lot going on psychologically, I don't see him not being able to get back to the top. If he continues the way he's going, retirement might be the best thing, but only because of drive and willingness to take a risk and nothing to do with talent or anything physical.

Indeed, he's an amazing fighter and got some shit for boring fights. But I always said when you are champ you are 'defending' you title so it makes sense to be defensive and the challenger to attack. Woodley has done some amazing work in the ring but again if he can't pull the trigger when its needed then he's not going to do much more.

It's the nature of the sport, people want fights and not someone playing it safe. Like you said there needs to be a balance, but he needs to start pushing back to the attack side a bit more or he's gona be hoping on decision wins going forward.

What happened to Woodley that wasn't him last Saturday. Burns was good but that wasn't the same Tyron that use to hold the title Burns should have been an easy win for him very disappointing.

I had to laugh when DC said on Saturday that he lost his mind when he saw the line-up for 250.

Looks like the protesters burned down Eddie Bravos gym.

Body great card lady night, turned out to be much better than I thought.
Cody's KO and Sean's were Savage