A bands name I'd seen for years and years, finally decided a few months back to pick up their first album, Mystic Places of Dawn.

Had no idea what to expect and i was very pleasantly surprised. Love the album and its not left the stereo.

I then did something unsual for me as generally speaking when I discover a new band I will always get their early releases first and work forward. However this time I decided to get their last release 2017's Codex Omega.

And again I'm absolutely loving the album!

So now that I have the 'Book Ends' of their discography what the pick of stuff inbetween? Any big fans of these Greek lads on here?

Wow, had the exact opposite experience. Slipped through the cracks for me then seen them supporting Kataklysm and thought they were laughable. Their banter sounded like sesame streets "The Count" too which didn't help.

Great band,be sure to check out communion,Sumerian demons and the great mass.

I came here to mention those exact 3 albums. That's the exact order I came across them too! They're fun, but they can become a bit excessive at times. Haven't listened to much else thought. I briefly listened to Revolution DNA but it didn't quite click.

Big fan of this band,Communion is essential.

Another vote for Communion as your next step!

This must be the first instance I've seen of someone enjoying all eras of Septic Flesh. Personally I think their later stuff is dogshit but everything up to and including Esoptron is cool. For more stuff in the early vein check out

Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
Varathron - Walpurgisnacht
Opera IX - The Call of The Wood

Quote from: Snare on June 04, 2019, 10:08:05 PM
Another vote for Communion as your next step!

Cool will check our Communion!

Quote from: Slaughterday on June 05, 2019, 02:16:01 PM
This must be the first instance I've seen of someone enjoying all eras of Septic Flesh. Personally I think their later stuff is dogshit but everything up to and including Esoptron is cool. For more stuff in the early vein check out

Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
Varathron - Walpurgisnacht
Opera IX - The Call of The Wood

Haha to be honest I'm kinda surprised myself!

Long time Rotting Christ and Varathron fan (also Necromantia) you can definitely hear that Greek sound on the first Speticflesh record.

No heard of Opera IX, will look into them, thanks.

Necromantia??? Now you're talking. Their early records really are something else often get overlooked too.

Communion and The Great Mass are the only ones I go to. Codex Omega bored the shite out of the me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9RajIP2zV8&t=1248s

The only thing of theirs I've managed to get into. Its their demo so is a bit rough in places, also a more straighforward DM sound. Im not a fan of the gothy, symphonic road they went down but this ticks all the boxes for a good time.

Communion is essential. They've repeated themselves since.

I love Esoptron too....first I heard from them