Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 16, 2019, 09:42:32 PM
What a stunning performance of a band at the absolute peak of their power.  When I was a massively obsessed Metallica fan in the early nineties I never saw this footage.  Where/how was it originally released? I stopped listening to Metallica for years as I was delving into other areas of metal but have come back to them in the last decade or so and have only become familiar with this footage in recent years.  I keep coming back to it with a few tins on the weekends. What an utterly ruthless set.  I think if I'd seen them in 90/91/92 at the height of my obsession my head would have exploded.

I can relate to everything you've written here. I was totally obsessed with Metallica in the very early 90s and would have given my left ball to have seen them around that time, even though I caught them first in 1995 at Donington.

I would regard Seattle 1989 as probably them at their very best, that is on record anyways, that we've seen ..... pure fucking ferocity. The set was unbelievable. Hetfield was at his very best (God-like), Lars was doing the business in fairness (don't think he hit a beat wrong throughout the whole gig), Kirk is just Kirk , Jason is a force to be reckoned with, his backing vocals were fucking lethal.

It's sad to see how shit they've become when you look back on something like that. I wish they could have stayed like that forever .....

James just needs to get a bottle of absolut vodka down his neck and become an angry , hateful motherfucker again.

Who didn't wanna be big James growing up?

Quote from: Blitzer666 on March 24, 2019, 12:09:35 PM
James just needs to get a bottle of absolut vodka down his neck and become an angry , hateful motherfucker again.

Who didn't wanna be big James growing up?

I idolized him in my teens if I'm being honest.

I think James had to call it a day after he ended up in a tiny hut somewhere in Russia drinking raw vodka, and woke up with a russian skank and a bag of brown beside him, or so the story goes ....

Didn't know much about his private life, tried to watch some kind of monster a few times, couldn't get past first 20 minutes tho.

Milton Keynes 93 was amazing gig too, broadcast by radio one, they asked hetfield not to swear, first thing he shouts is f**k you motherf**kers.

https://youtu.be/bdYFfOWGWfA

Quote from: Blitzer666 on March 24, 2019, 01:21:18 PM
Didn't know much about his private life, tried to watch some kind of monster a few times, couldn't get past first 20 minutes tho.

Milton Keynes 93 was amazing gig too, broadcast by radio one, they asked hetfield not to swear, first thing he shouts is f**k you motherf**kers.

https://youtu.be/bdYFfOWGWfA

Milton Keynes was probably them at their prime throughout the Black album era. Absolutely scandalous gig. Jason stands out on this one for just being a fucking animal.

It was downhill after this. Donington 95 was when all the muck started to flow i.e. Load/Reload shite

£19 for a ticket too, oh how times have changed!!
Was a great natural arena for a gig too, don't think it's used much now?

That Milton Keynes gig was phenomenal. The whole weekend actually. Bus from Monaghan, ferry to Holyhead.... pure mayhem with a coach load of metalers.
That young guy in the front row during Seek & Destroy. Hetfield came over to him with the mike, cameras panned on to him for the big screen and just as he screamed "searching, seek & destroy" into the mike one of his mates decided to choke him. He sounded like a 7 year old girl on helium.
Hahahahaha, funny as fuck. Poor gasún....

Was that when Whipping  Boy supported them?

Hahaha, you nutter.... Lol 😂

Megadeth, The Almighty and Diamond Head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESicEzUtqk

Some guy in the YT comments has worked out the speed increase on the Toronto 86 set  :laugh:

Battery - Original 193 BPM / Live 211 BPM (9% faster)
Master Of Puppets - Original 212 BPM / Live 229 BPM (8% faster)
For Whom The Bell Tolls - Original 118 BPM / Live 139 BPM (18% faster)
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Slow Part) - Original 95 BPM / Live 107 BPM (13% faster)
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Fast Part) - Original 218 BPM / Live 255 BPM (17% faster)
Ride The Lightning - Original 164 BPM / Live 194 BPM (18% faster)
Whiplash - Original 159 BPM / Live 192 BPM (21% faster)
The Things That Should Not Be - Original 111 BPM / Live 131 BPM (18% faster)
Fade To Black (Slow Part) - Original 113 BPM / Live 124 BPM (10% faster)
Fade To Black (Fast Part) - Original 138 / Live 168 BPM (22% faster)
Seek And Destroy (Slow Part) - Original 142 BPM / Live 162 BPM (16% faster)
Seek And Destroy (Fast Part) - Original 208 BPM / Live 254 BPM (22% faster)
Creeping Death - Original 204 BPM / Live 246 BPM (21% faster)
The Four Horsemen - Original 210 BPM / Live 250 BPM (19% faster)
Am I Evil? - Original 156 BPM / Live 188 BPM (21% faster)
Damage, Inc. - Original 186 BPM / Live 208 BPM (12% faster)
Fight Fire With Fire - Original 186 BPM / Live 225 BPM (21% faster)
Blitzkrieg - Original 197 BPM / live 238 BPM (21% faster)

The Seattle show is one I watch regularly. They are just on fire, Hetfield is such a force to be reckoned with. Intense stuff!

I enjoyed the gig in Japan which came with the Master of Puppets remaster. Something about the vocals in particular stands out to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjR-V6ZeRk

Jesus, don't think much of their encore last night in Lisbon,

16. Lords Of Summer
17. Nothing Else Matters
18. Enter Sandman

Like really?? Awful song , followed by a ballad, followed by their 'everyone knows this tune' to finish.

Wheres damage Inc!?