Keith Flint was found dead this morning in his home. Only 49 years old. Sad news,  he was a great frontman. I saw The Prodigy at Trip to Tipp in 97, and not exactly being a huge fan but liking some of their stuff,  I thought it was a cool show.  No info yet on how he died.

Wow, bit of a shock, such a young age to go. They took their music to very unique places in the 90's.

Damn, hearing their music as a young teen felt "dangerous". I still give Music for the Jilted Generation the odd spin.

I remember one of my mates getting Fat of the Land for his birthday and we'd spend many a summer's morning listening to it on his dad's hifi and just being amazed at the sound.

As an aside, I haven't kept up with them in recent years but  didn't realise Ben Weinman played live guitar with them a few years ago.

QuoteLiam Howlett, who formed the group in 1990, confirmed his death was a suicide. "The news is true, I can't believe I'm saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend,"

Jesus that's terrible, sounds like they really didn't see it coming at all.

Quote from: Ducky on March 04, 2019, 12:33:33 PM

As an aside, I haven't kept up with them in recent years but  didn't realise Ben Weinman played live guitar with them a few years ago.

Most recent album I've heard from them is Invaders Must Die and it's a banger of an album.

RIP Keith  :'(

Walking the floor here in work and I'd say at least half of them have the prodigy up on spotify

Without being a massive fan of that  genre ,i was always a big prodigy fan,seen them a few time back in the 90s,terrible news RIP

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 04, 2019, 11:27:36 AM
Keith Flint was found dead this morning in his home. Only 49 years old. Sad news,  he was a great frontman. I saw The Prodigy at Trip to Tipp in 97, and not exactly being a huge fan but liking some of their stuff,  I thought it was a cool show.  No info yet on how he died.

I was at that show as well and they were great, it was pissing down when they were on, Manics and Foos were great that day too.

Keiith is a legend, no question, from what I've been reading, he's had quite a lot of issues with drink, drugs and depression, fucking shame this had to happen. R.I.P. Keith
"I pack a chainsaw, I'll skin your ass raw!"

I remember that rain alright.  Fucking hell. I was wearing sandals and everyone legged it in under the stand but the toilets were overflowing and I had bits of bogroll and,  no doubt,  shite all over my feet   :laugh:

No alcohol served that year at the Trip To Tipp which sucked. The Prodigy were class that night and their massive fucking strob light on stage which fucked with a lot of heads. RIP Keith Flint.

I was fifteen and went down to it on the bus.  Someone handed me a can of Budweiser when I disembarked and I must have been drunk for two or three hours on that  :laugh:

He only started contributing to the music from Fat Of The Land onwards. Didn't like that when it came out and never paid any attention to anything later. Incidentally, tying in with other trends of the moment, Jonas Akerlund directed the video to Smack My Bitch Up.

Pretty tragic time for 90s celeb suicides this last while all the same. World's not a very happy place.

#13 March 04, 2019, 03:56:04 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:58:38 PM by Paul keohane
I still remember going in very early that day because an old buddie of mine wanted to see the first band that were on,little did we know when we went in you couldn't leave!,no fucking booze  for the day!

Loved music for the jilted generation and know very little else. Incredible album really..listening to it here.  Never really understood who contributed to the music etc but definitely a massive iconic band. Very sad to hear it's a suicide. I'd say them boys hit it very hard back in the day though and that is bound to leave a mark.