I'm drinking heavily thinking of my auld lad but lads Achilles Last Stand is the greatest song of all time.

They deserve their own thread.

I'm a Zeppelin 3 guy usually.

Quote from: nimhiúil on Today at 02:02:44 AMI'm drinking heavily thinking of my auld lad but lads Achilles Last Stand is the greatest song of all time.

They deserve their own thread.

I'm a Zeppelin 3 guy usually.

Presence is one of the few Led Zep albums i go back to, thats a great opening track.

The song Maiden made an entire killer career trying to emulate. Or at least that's how it sounds to me.


I and III are the ones for me.

My introduction to them was the Remasters double album when their back catalogue was, well, remastered. Such a perfect compilation, the amount of times I copied it for lads in school was unreal.

One of my favourite bands. The pub I drank in when I was 17/18 was owned by a lad with great taste in music. I vividly remember II and III being blasted over the stereo in there.
Everything up to and including Physical Graffiti are some of the best albums I've ever heard.

Huge Led Zep fan. Was at the Page and Plant gig in 1998 in the Point. Still in my top 5 gigs of all time. They were so fucking good.

The version of Since I've Been Loving you off how the west was won is something else altogether.

I've seen Plant live a few times, he always does very interesting interpretations of the Zep stuff.

Quote from: Ollkiller on Today at 11:28:08 AMHuge Led Zep fan. Was at the Page and Plant gig in 1998 in the Point. Still in my top 5 gigs of all time. They were so fucking good.

Same here, unreal gig!

III and PG for me.

Was obsessed with No Quarter for about six months straight once upon a time. That riff!  :abbath:

Had Presence on early. Great album that I have always ooverlooked.

Saw Plant a few times and he was absolutely sublime each time. New song released lately that is also incredible. Should be back here soon.

Albums I - IV are burned into my brain from my neighbours playing them so much. Every now and then I'll listen to an album I'm not familiar with, but none of them have grabbed me, yet.

II or IV would be my go to.

Physical Graffiti should grab anyone with working ears. And then give those ears the ride of a lifetime for an hour and twenty two minutes.

Also the Led Zep doc Becoming Led Zepplin is on Netflix. Really good early years stuff in it.