Quote from: Pentagrimes on August 18, 2019, 03:31:27 PM
SciBong were great,found the demo moving house a while back must see if I still have it. Where was this Weltenfiend?Wonder was it during my brief spell in the Measa
In Bray in about 2002/3. Katie Gallaghers pub. Fairly certain it was with SC, Kid Blunt or Foot in Mouth.

#166 August 18, 2019, 05:42:57 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:55:12 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Did you say "my town" first because you didn't want to say Bray? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWwPWccOTAk

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 18, 2019, 05:42:57 PM
Did you say "my town" first because you didn't want to say Bray? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWwPWccOTAk
:laugh:
Sounds like typical Greystones snobbery

Careful how you're talking about my duchy!

I'm thinking I might get a couple of FnS items.
So I might get a few copies of the FnS tape, if anyone is interested.
Save on postage, like.

One person interested already.
If anyone else wants in, let me know.

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 20, 2019, 09:15:23 AM
I'm thinking I might get a couple of FnS items.
So I might get a few copies of the FnS tape, if anyone is interested.
Save on postage, like.

One person interested already.
If anyone else wants in, let me know.

Id be interested alright  John.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on August 18, 2019, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on August 18, 2019, 03:31:27 PM
SciBong were great,found the demo moving house a while back must see if I still have it. Where was this Weltenfiend?Wonder was it during my brief spell in the Measa
In Bray in about 2002/3. Katie Gallaghers pub. Fairly certain it was with SC, Kid Blunt or Foot in Mouth.

I reckon I was at that one. Memory is blurry of those days though. Cormy's latest band Geld is the best stuff he's been involved in imo.

https://ironlungpv.bandcamp.com/album/perfect-texture-lp-lungs-114

That's 2 for the FnS tape.

Any more?

My tape arrived today and I'm giving it its first listen.  Serious power to the production without losing the filthy rawness.

So, to my knowledge there doesn't seem to be many up and coming younger bands here on these shores. I hope I'm proved wrong. Just basing this on all the gigs I've been going to over the last few years. Is it a lack of interest I wonder?

It's been that way for many the long year now.

Plenty of new bands on the go but 95% of them are lads over 30. Teenagers these days are growing up in a very different world than the one we grew up in. They have a plethora of entertainment options and no musical icons to look up to.

I quietly despair at the idea of there being no metal icons for kids to look up to anymore, and anyway, I'm sure there are, just maybe not in the death, black or doom underground. But in the past youngsters usually worked their way to that stuff over time so your original icons would have been Metallica rather than [insert relevant popular band here]. I also quietly despair at the same old argument that young people aren't getting into underground music because its not a viable money spinner. Has the concept of creativity and the pleasure of simply making good music entirely evaporated? I find that as depressing as the absence of new blood.

Is there really an underground for the young lads to lose themselves in anymore anyway? Almost everything is accessible to everyone so might that have a lot to do with it, the fact that the mystique is gone?

Plenty of young lads getting in bands but fuck all of them that interest me.

I'm in my early 20's so I reckon I'd be one of the younger users on here, most younger people into heavier music seem to gravitate to the more metal-core/nu-metal side of things.

Whereas a person in their 30's/40's growing up, Metallica and all of the big bands of the 80's where the legends, to people growing up now the likes of Slipknot/Avenged Sevenfold are the icons, those bands have been around 20 odd years at this stage. The one's that move onto 'heavier' stuff still remains in that core/nu/emo scene most of the time.