Greetings all.

Haven't been active on Metal Ireland for a long time. Here's what's been going on since I left Mael Mórdha.

We've been beavering away writing for the last while and are about to commence recording our next e.p. Our current e.p., Teamhair is on bandcamp. Check it out and let us know what ye think.
Here be the link
http://www.uaigneas.bandcamp.com

Thanks for reading. Rob

Great stuff Rob, lovely atmosphere and mood, though I was expecting the whole thing to be as Gaeilge from the title.

Is it a live project too?

That song from Teamhair was very enjoyable. It is possible to buy a physical copy, or is only digital available?

I threw this on earlier and after a few seconds i was no that's not my thing but I left it on, and by the end I got involuntary headbanging

Quote from: astfgyl on November 22, 2018, 07:49:02 PM
I threw this on earlier and after a few seconds i was no that's not my thing but I left it on, and by the end I got involuntary headbanging

I think my grandmother had a dose of that

Quote from: liamish on November 22, 2018, 08:03:06 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on November 22, 2018, 07:49:02 PM

I think my grandmother had a dose of that

Must have been some tune

Will give this a spin over the weekend. Good to see you back in action.

How're all ?
Thanks for checking things out.
Your grandmother musta been some woman in fairness.

The lad who played the replica bronze age Irish horn on Teamhair described it as the love-child of Metallica, Planxty and some vagrant Hungarian gypsies so yes, astfygl, I could see how you'd get a bit cofussed by it. The next e.p. is a fair sight darker.

Some bits of other songs are in Irish and there are a few arrangements of Sean Nós songs too, BSC. We have a really talented guitarist and drummer. We are working through tunes and hoping to be fully alive/live next year.

No plans for physical copies yet, King Buddha. Not ruling it out, just not yet.

Quote from: Wiseblood on November 22, 2018, 10:31:57 PM
Will give this a spin over the weekend. Good to see you back in action.

Mighty. Looking forward to your feedback. Hope all is well.

Hails Rob, nice one for the link. I must check it out later, looking forward to it.

#10 November 30, 2023, 09:58:52 AM Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 10:08:58 AM by Eoin McLove
I've been listening to the couple of EPs on the band's bandcamp page over the past few days. Really great sound. So beautifully recorded which is important with the variety of instruments at play. It could easily go off the rails, but no, the lads have a magic little touch I think. Is there any new stuff in the works? Any chance of a physical release at some stage?

Last I heard a few fellas had come and gone from the band.
No idea as to what progress they have or had made regarding new music.

I can't imagine the wilds of Kerry are crawling with doom metal musicians, although no better place for them if you think about it. Here's hoping he can muster a few doomed souls together to get an album recorded. The Teamhair and Buí EPs would make a nice CD, but sure...