Many of you plan hitting this?,I'm hoping to head over.Another 20 bands to be added.Undergang and Blood incantation big draws for me.FB_IMG_1727955729912.jpg

Thinking about it based on Frost/BI but that's all so far I'd be interested in

Went a couple of years ago when Emperor played, was fairly annoying having to move between venues and queue back up to each one, and for the bands playing the Roundhouse you had to take a 15 minute walk there into account

Unless there's a few bands playing the one place that you want to see you end up missing big chunks of the sets

Blood Incantation, Blackbraid and Spectral Wound?

I'm in, ticket acquired! :laugh:

It's shame that Tom Warrior never comes here we are at least due a Triptykon or Forst cover show. Was the Triptykon Cork show the only time he has ever played live with a band in Ireland?

Quote from: mickO))) on October 04, 2024, 02:21:39 PMIt's shame that Tom Warrior never comes here we are at least due a Triptykon or Forst cover show. Was the Triptykon Cork show the only time he has ever played live with a band in Ireland?
I think so, I'm fairly certain a lad got him to sign a copy of cold lake 🤣 they were great that night. Got my ticket for this anyway

Got my ticket there now;new BI album sealed the deal!

Very tempted alright - mostly by the chance to see BI.... i wonder will they have other EU dates around this though (including an irish gig or two maybe?)....

Quote from: Trev on October 03, 2024, 05:46:04 PMWent a couple of years ago when Emperor played, was fairly annoying having to move between venues and queue back up to each one, and for the bands playing the Roundhouse you had to take a 15 minute walk there into account

Unless there's a few bands playing the one place that you want to see you end up missing big chunks of the sets

Roundhouse is too far yeah. Its good its not used now. Great fest usually and i love the constant switch of venues as it keeps things fresh, people drinking in the streets and occasionally catch a heavy as fuck gem in the tiny pub setting, the devonshire arms. The queue is usually minimal after the first bands. Celtic Frost and Blood Incantation  :abbath:

That is sweet now. Considering going to this. Why doesn't Ireland get these kind of shows? I was at deathfest in London 2 years ago and managed to check a load of bands off the aul bucket list.

Where are you guys staying accommodation wise for this fest?

I had a look there yesterday for hotels in the Kings Cross/Camden area and holy hell it's expensive. I was in Camden last year for Blind Guardian and prices have jumped considerably, even since then!

Quote from: Necrohag on October 08, 2024, 08:40:34 AMWhere are you guys staying accommodation wise for this fest?

I had a look there yesterday for hotels in the Kings Cross/Camden area and holy hell it's expensive. I was in Camden last year for Blind Guardian and prices have jumped considerably, even since then!
Looks saucy that night alright. Little bit out but if you want to save the pennies Premier Inn in Beckton is £49 for a twin room that night. Last stop on the DLR - about an hour to Camden via Canning Town, Stratford and Camden Road. Have stayed there, it's grand. Couple of Premier Inns and Travelodges around the Docklands / London City Airport for a but more (but note twin rooms in Travelodges often cost quite a bit extra). If you wanna splash the cash but within reason, Travelodge Finchley is £107 for a single / double and is handy for Camden (straight up the tube) and the bar stays open all night for residents (or did in August when I was at Deicide anyway!).

Quote from: The Ancient Ones on October 08, 2024, 09:35:39 AM
Quote from: Necrohag on October 08, 2024, 08:40:34 AMWhere are you guys staying accommodation wise for this fest?

Looks saucy that night alright. Little bit out but if you want to save the pennies Premier Inn in Beckton is £49 for a twin room that night. Last stop on the DLR - about an hour to Camden via Canning Town, Stratford and Camden Road. Have stayed there, it's grand. Couple of Premier Inns and Travelodges around the Docklands / London City Airport for a but more (but note twin rooms in Travelodges often cost quite a bit extra). If you wanna splash the cash but within reason, Travelodge Finchley is £107 for a single / double and is handy for Camden (straight up the tube) and the bar stays open all night for residents (or did in August when I was at Deicide anyway!).

Cheers for the reply. I'll look into all of the above at some stage later today.

My mate usually stays in the Holiday Inn in Camden Lough for these fests, total for there for 3 nights (myself and the missus planning on staying Friday to Monday) is £840 ;D

Quote from: Necrohag on October 08, 2024, 09:39:25 AMCheers for the reply. I'll look into all of the above at some stage later today.

My mate usually stays in the Holiday Inn in Camden Lough for these fests, total for there for 3 nights (myself and the missus planning on staying Friday to Monday) is £840 ;D

Premier Inn Stratford £324 for that stay - it's very missus friendly if she's into shopping (it's literally inside Europe's largest shopping centre) with a craft beer bar downstairs and a ~20 minute hop on the Overground straight to Camden. Some good beer stops on that route too.

The Smart Camden in  hostel looks alright,€169 for a double room.Pretty much in the thick of the action!.Any of you ever stay there?