Quote from: Emphyrio on February 05, 2019, 01:20:08 PM
The chorus/flanger sounds aren't as good as dedicated pedals and the pattern tremolo sounds aren't as easy to dial in as on the M5 so I couldn't recommend it for guitar if I was being honest.

Shame, I saw that Some Neck Guitars had one in stock so was considering a purchase while in Dublin for SP. Took a wander up to the shop but nothing caught my eye...other than this...

https://www.someneckguitars.com/products/gibson-explorer-traditional-pro-2012

#91 February 08, 2019, 09:42:54 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:09:30 PM by Spoderman01
Looks like I'm getting a new guitar....

Link in above post no longer working  - largely because that's the guitar I bought so it's no longer available  :D

Quote from: ldj on January 30, 2019, 08:40:50 PM
Anyone know if there's any guitar shops around Dublin that sell ESP/LTD guitars?

Have me eye on getting an LTD EC1000 later in the year and would like to play one before I buy. Definitely a dream guitar right now, comes loaded with Seymour Duncan's too.

Ive been playing one of these for a few years (it came with EMGs, not SD's though).  Its absolutely gorgeous. Would never part with it. I bought it from Thomann without trying a few years back and have gigged it lots and recorded a load with it. Fully recommended.

New baby arrived this morning. Can't wait to get home and give her a whirl later

Quote from: Spoderman01 on February 12, 2019, 11:04:51 AM
New baby arrived this morning. Can't wait to get home and give her a whirl later

And so 2019 begins at last....

I did make it a month....

I am tempted by the Mooer Preamp Live and Radar as well despite swearing I'd never throw them any money again. Having a choice of 50 micro-preamps is very tempting.

I'm actually really liking the Amplifi TT. I've my 4 presets saved to the gizmo itself and a couple of others saved to My Tones  saved on the app. I've only really scratched the surface but should be able to get 90% there towards my actual pedalboard. It has all the important effects that are on the M5 with the bonus of being able to use more than 1 effect at a time.

Quote from: Floss on February 12, 2019, 10:22:48 AM
Quote from: ldj on January 30, 2019, 08:40:50 PM
Anyone know if there's any guitar shops around Dublin that sell ESP/LTD guitars?

Have me eye on getting an LTD EC1000 later in the year and would like to play one before I buy. Definitely a dream guitar right now, comes loaded with Seymour Duncan's too.

Second this. Was a dream guitar of mine for years so once I had the funds, bit the bullet and bought it online blind effectively. It's simply perfect, extremely comfortable and looks outstanding. Go for it  :)

Ive been playing one of these for a few years (it came with EMGs, not SD's though).  Its absolutely gorgeous. Would never part with it. I bought it from Thomann without trying a few years back and have gigged it lots and recorded a load with it. Fully recommended.

Got one of those Harley benton fanfret baritones on the way.

Quote from: Makeshiftatomsmasher on February 18, 2019, 07:39:10 PM

Just had a look, wow those are dirt cheap and look pretty nice too.

Just flickin around and  came across this https://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_r_458_wh_fanfret.htm
159 for an 8 string.. even if you can't play the fucking thing.. for 159 it'd be great to have to pull out at parties for an ould blast of wonderwall  :laugh:

link?

Quote from: Makeshiftatomsmasher on February 19, 2019, 03:24:52 AM
Quote from: ochoill on February 18, 2019, 11:05:03 PM
link?

https://m.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_fanfret_fbb_2018_dlx.htm?o=0&search=1550546393

Did have my eye on the seven string tele style fan fret, but went with this instead.
https://m.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_te_7_fanfret_jbb_2018_dlx.htm?o=9&search=1550546637

That Tele just looks wrong for some reason

Did a board re-arrange last night and have managed to make room for something kinda Meris Enzo shaped  :)

What are the pickup options for fanned-fret guitars? The pickups on those HBs look like they're slanted too, so you probably wouldn't be able to put a standard pickup in there if the stock ones were crap.