Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 06, 2024, 09:19:49 AMhttps://cultneverdies.myshopify.com/collections/official-merchandise/products/thorns-interface-to-god-shirt

A couple of Thorns t-shirts have gone up for presale at CND. Couldn't resist grabbing this one.
Ah yeah cheers for sharing that, I just stuck one on for myself too.

#31 July 06, 2024, 11:25:59 PM Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 11:29:26 PM by Danny
That there THORNS shirt is cool, as is their main album I love, a masterpiece of forward thinkin black metal really. Loved the interchangeable vocals from both Satyr from Satyricon and Aldrahn-from DHG just after he did 666 International (the only DHG album I like-& I've tried all the others)- & of course the legend Hellhammer on the drums, makes for a very engaging record. Their demo ain't bad either despite no vocals if I recall but it had the TNBM "eerie guitar bendy notes sound" nailed down which obviously Euronymous ripped off from him & Varg, but I don't blame him honestly cus he did it very well too & I worship MAYHEM.

I really hope THORNS do another album soon someday before I'm dead & gone. Get Satyr again-nevermind Aldrahn & get Frost-nevermind Hellhammer on it this time please. (Both Satyr and Frost have been playin live with them on their rare few live performances & they fuckin ruled. As cool as that shirt is I dunno if I'd buy it-maybe if a new record comes out I'd be more inclined to support!

As an aside this video rules, a MAYHEM Freezin fuckin Moon cover tribute with Gaahl on vocals, Snorre from THORNS & Samoth from EMPEROR on guitars & Anders from Cadaver/Satyricon on bass & Trym from EMPEROR on drums- with the MAYHEM dudes being the only audience there watching them play their own song. Gaahl killed it, & I liked the way he kept his face down & obscured seemingly or presumably in tribute to DEAD. (or maybe he's not-I dunno)...

ALSO Ladz- help me out here- that shop Andy linked to there is deadly. All I'm aware of meself is METALSHOP, Impericon, EMP, Rockabilia etc the most popular ones I suppose- please post some links to merch shops for proper metal/rock merch for shirts/whatever else here... Thanks & Cheers happy weekend yiz mad bastardz  8)

That's fucking great so it is. No wooden spoon for you!!!!

Sometimes I forget how wonderful DMDS actually is

Quote from: astfgyl on July 07, 2024, 12:53:15 AMNo wooden spoon for you!!!!

What am I missing here? Wooden spoon>?   :-\

But yeah deadly performance, Snorre is as good as Euronymous or Blasphemer doing them fuckin weird riffs I think.
And Gaahl would make a deadly frontman for MAYHEM I recon if Csihar ever has enough & leaves or he fuckin dies or is fired or whatever. Or bring back MANIAC. I love Csihar like but MANIAC ruled...whatever happened to his SKITLIV band with the SHINING Kvarforth dude I thought that was great but only one release we got sadly.

Something to do with being chased around the kitchen table with a wooden spoon for disparaging remarks about Burzum. How very Irish  :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Brings back memories indeed. The wooden spoon gets put on the table- NOW FINISH YOUR DINNER AND STOP GIVING OUT ABOUT VARG!

Finish your Dunkelheit or no dessert!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

And that's nothing to what you'll get when your father gets home and finds out you didn't listen to your Burzum Prison albums!!!

Quote from: astfgyl on July 09, 2024, 12:22:46 AMAnd that's nothing to what you'll get when your father gets home and finds out you didn't listen to your Burzum Prison albums!!!
:laugh:  :laugh:

The spoon was bad but I remember getting a whip off the 1x2 slats from the hot press into the back of the legs for not going to sleep a few times too, which is fair fuckin funny imagine taking a slat of wood to your child now for staying awake :laugh:

Quote from: ochoill on July 09, 2024, 10:47:00 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 09, 2024, 12:22:46 AMAnd that's nothing to what you'll get when your father gets home and finds out you didn't listen to your Burzum Prison albums!!!

The spoon was bad but I remember getting a whip off the 1x2 slats from the hot press into the back of the legs for not going to sleep a few times too, which is fair fuckin funny imagine taking a slat of wood to your child now for staying awake :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh: bet you didn't have much to say after that one  :laugh:  :laugh: should have fuckin went to sleep after leaving half your Burzum Prison Collection and Spuds at the table and running off to listen to music you actually liked

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

YOU WON'T HEAR A NOTE OF GUITAR DRUMS OR BASS FOR A MONTH IF YOU DON'T FINISH ALL OF THEM!!

(Child crying from slaps on the back of the legs with a bit of timber slat)

YOU WANT SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT

( Father reaches deep into his laptop music collection and.. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/29/arts/music/brian-eno-ambient-songs.html )

AHHH DADDY DADDY AHHHH I WON'T DO IT AGAIN I'LL BE A GOOD BOY I PROMISE NO DON'T

AHHHH AHHHHH AIEEEEEE

OOOOH AH-AH-AH-AH

That's actually really fuckin funny. :P

BUT I will say, Brian Eno's even most minimal ambient shit is joyful. Shit like that is great for meditation or to help to fall asleep to.
And Burzum is still shit. And his best work at that. The "prison albums" should not exist.

I guess you won't be buying the t-shirt then?  :D

I went to Prison and all I got was this lousy Burzum album?