Cursed Monk Records are thrilled to announce the release of Coroza's sophomore album 'As Within'

"This new album has five tracks, and each is enormous sounding. From the first second to the last, Coroza punish in surprisingly addictive fashion. Partially because of the riffs, partially because of the pound of the percussion, and partially because of how garish the vocals are. Just listen to the first track, Myrrh, to get an idea of what this band can do. Chances are, you'll be well and truly sold on their remorseless style." - Games, Brrraaains, and Head-Banging Life. - No Clean Singing

"Overall this is easily one of the best Irish albums I have heard and without doubt one of the best in regards to their genre. It won't be for everyone, but if you like sludge/doom with an few more touches in there, you've got an absolute masterpiece here and your album of the year. It's the perfect album, so it gets the perfect score.
10/10" - Burning Metal Ireland

"This new album has five tracks, and each is enormous sounding. From the first second to the last, Coroza punish in surprisingly addictive fashion. Partially because of the riffs, partially because of the pound of the percussion, and partially because of how garish the vocals are. Just listen to the first track, Myrrh, to get an idea of what this band can do. Chances are, you'll be well and truly sold on their remorseless style."
Huge thanks to Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life

"'As Within' is a triumphant declaration from Coroza that there is much more to expect from this band... and I can't wait to hear it.  4/5" - Overdrive

"There is something both beautiful and chaotic afoot, and one can picture a great asteroid of impending doom not far from view." - Doomed and Stoned

"If it's never occurred to you to say the phrase, "Hail Irish heavy" out loud, the monolithic lumber and roiling tension of "As Within" might get you there." - The Obelisk

As Within is out now on LP, CD, Cassette, and Digital Download
https://cursedmonk.bandcamp.com/album/as-within a3702323953_10.jpg

Finally had a chance to get this through the headphones tonight. Lads...

Best Irish album since Tides, and that bar was set high.

Fucking hell. Well done.

Quote from: Carnage on May 25, 2024, 02:27:52 AMFinally had a chance to get this through the headphones tonight. Lads...

Best Irish album since Tides, and that bar was set high.

Fucking hell. Well done.

Seeing as I adore Tides that's some high praise. Cheers buck. Glad you liked it.

Got the album up earlier this morning. Stopped me in my tracks while I was working.

Fuck me. It's a slab of excellence.

Jaysis Christ.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 29, 2024, 02:50:42 PMGot the album up earlier this morning. Stopped me in my tracks while I was working.

Fuck me. It's a slab of excellence.

Jaysis Christ.

:abbath: cheers buck

Van only echo what's said above.
It really is excellent!
It's gonna be on the playlist rotation for good long while, I reckon.
Nicely done, Lads.  :abbath:

Coming back on this as it's been in regular rotation about two weeks now.  Absolutely class stuff and straight into my list of AOTYs anyway.  Dense but atmospheric, riff heavy but plenty of variety in it, totally ye and captures the band live excellently.  Fair dues.  Hopefully will be around the night of Monkfest to see it live (though again like the Partholon I know I have heard all this live before lol)

#9 June 28, 2024, 04:52:09 PM Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 02:49:10 AM by Ollkiller
Quote from: ochoill on June 28, 2024, 01:37:13 PMComing back on this as it's been in regular rotation about two weeks now.  Absolutely class stuff and straight into my list of AOTYs anyway.  Dense but atmospheric, riff heavy but plenty of variety in it, totally ye and captures the band live excellently.  Fair dues.  Hopefully will be around the night of Monkfest to see it live (though again like the Partholon I know I have heard all this live before lol)

Cheers buck. Ya Aidan Cunningham captured our sound perfectly.

Edit. Get ta monkest buck. Always good to see ya. Cans will be had. Then pints