April 29, 2024, 11:26:49 AM Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 05:05:24 PM by StoutAndAle
A few of you mentioned a liking for the new MELTS record in the "Non-Metal Now Playing" thread.

They're playing a fair few gigs around Ireland in September - looks like they'll reach most corners.

Thurs 19 September - Cork, Coughlans
Fri 20 September - Listowel, Mike the Pies
Sat 21 September - Limerick, Dolans
Thurs 26 September - Galway, Roisin Dubh
Fri 27 September - Belfast, Ulster Sports Club
Sat 28 September - Dublin, Button Factory 

Very much looking forward to this gig on Thursday.

The live videos that they've been posting of their UK/EU tour have been storming.

The Galway show is cancelled apparently.

They were class last I saw them and they'll be class again in that little room in Coughlan's. Roll on Thursday

Melts were absolutely class last night - great performance. If they're playing near you on this tour, go and see them.

Bizarrely, the room (which is small anyway) seemed way emptier for Melts than it did for Pot Pot, the support band. Probably no harm, there were a few cool kids in there who wouldn't shut the fuck up during the entire opening set. Constant yammering for 45 mins which drove me fuckin' spare because Pot Pot were really bloody good. 

Yeah, first time I saw pôt-pot I wasn't too gone on them, seemed a bit rushed/not totally gig ready but they've honed it considerably since and that set was really great, much tighter and more focused.

Melts were delightful. Love seeing gigs with that kind of energy in that place, I think it works so well.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on September 22, 2024, 11:44:34 AMYeah, first time I saw pôt-pot I wasn't too gone on them, seemed a bit rushed/not totally gig ready but they've honed it considerably since and that set was really great, much tighter and more focused.

Melts were delightful. Love seeing gigs with that kind of energy in that place, I think it works so well.

It was my first time seeing Pot Pot so I had nothing to judge them on besides the stuff on Bandcamp.

Were you in the Nomadic Rituals shirt? I only clocked one other person in there wearing a metal shirt besides myself (Coroza) & my buddy (Naxatras).

Yeah, rumbled, there goes my forum anonymity!

Sure you look exactly like your profile photo!  :laugh: