Same, love garlic cooked into food and on pizza, especially garlic & olive oil....
but can't stand garlic sauce/mayo, etc...

Quote from: 91/30 on September 24, 2026, 11:33:38 AM
Quote from: The Butcher on September 21, 2026, 10:37:34 PMI remember my bro being out at Mount Isa, had to eat salt vinegar crisps to stop the heat headaches  :laugh:

I've done plenty of work in Mount Isa, I was working in nearby Cloncurry earlier this year they have a massive Irish Club in Mt  Iss, seriously impressive, nightclub, 4 bars, three restaurants, accommodation a gym...haha.  Mount Isa could be 40C but as its a fair way inland the humidity is lower than coastal regions which makes it more tolerable.  'Salt and vinegar crisps' for the heatstroke, must have been for the salt, that's a good one!

Yeah the crisps were for the salt intake  :laugh: it's a mad place from what I heard. Mayor 10 years ago was always on about building the place up and making it more than just another mining town etc - Think the mine there is closing up within the few years? That will be a massive hit to the whole survival of the place, be interesting to see what happens. Remember my bro talking about dogs getting lead poisoning on their walks  ???  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2214790X20302938

He also used to go to some club/pub bring his guitar and sing some GNR, Nirvana etc, people if they want could pop up on stage and go behind the drums or nab a inhouse guitar/bass and join in/wing it, sent some videos over to me, was pretty cool.

Quote from: The Butcher on October 01, 2026, 09:38:58 AM
Quote from: 91/30 on September 24, 2026, 11:33:38 AM
Quote from: The Butcher on September 21, 2026, 10:37:34 PMI remember my bro being out at Mount Isa, had to eat salt vinegar crisps to stop the heat headaches  :laugh:

I've done plenty of work in Mount Isa, I was working in nearby Cloncurry earlier this year they have a massive Irish Club in Mt  Iss, seriously impressive, nightclub, 4 bars, three restaurants, accommodation a gym...haha.  Mount Isa could be 40C but as its a fair way inland the humidity is lower than coastal regions which makes it more tolerable.  'Salt and vinegar crisps' for the heatstroke, must have been for the salt, that's a good one!

Yeah the crisps were for the salt intake  :laugh: it's a mad place from what I heard. Mayor 10 years ago was always on about building the place up and making it more than just another mining town etc - Think the mine there is closing up within the few years? That will be a massive hit to the whole survival of the place, be interesting to see what happens. Remember my bro talking about dogs getting lead poisoning on their walks  ???  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2214790X20302938

He also used to go to some club/pub bring his guitar and sing some GNR, Nirvana etc, people if they want could pop up on stage and go behind the drums or nab a inhouse guitar/bass and join in/wing it, sent some videos over to me, was pretty cool.


The Irish club is just up the road from the smelter.  The smelter is one side of the town, it dominates the whole surrounding countryside, there is or was a school directly facing the place. I looked at that article - "Regular wiping of floor and surfaces in houses is encouraged to minimise lead ingestion by children"...shocking stuff.

If the mine closes they'll be nothing there, itll be reclaimed by nature in no time. 

There is an abandoned Uranium mine outside the town, big hole in the ground, you can walk down to the bottom of the pit, it has a crystal clear pond, too much radiation for anything to grow in it,for years I had a few Uranium rock samples from there, it oxidises green so looks lovely 😄

One of the ould fellas I work with brought a piece of uranium ore the size of a human head, all the way back to NSW on the floor of the work vehicle 😄

I'm on the asbestos exposure register from a job I done up in Mt Isa years ago so the bit of lead poisoning is probably mixing with the ould asbestos.   What a kip of a town.

Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 30, 2026, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: John Kimble on September 13, 2026, 06:33:53 PMDunno if it's an exact fit for this thread, but had a good long look at this today while taking a shite. It certainly passed a few mins, in fact the shite had air dried itself by the time the video finished.

https://youtu.be/ePDl1JNqjpM?is=m2ZHQe4wiAR4gk28

I'd be reasonably confident now should the need ever arise. Anyone else here ever successfully land a passenger plane? Is this info reliable?

Take all the time you need boys...





It's like we're living in one big giant simulation (pun intended)...


Is the bit about watching Air Crash Investigation really any different to all these  women going "Since I've watched all the episodes of True Murders, Murderers in Suburbia, Murder This, Murder That, Murder With a Baseball Bat, I know a murderer when I see one, and Person X is clearly innocent!"

Apparently not  :laugh:
and speaking of which. What is it with women with their fascination with those types of shows, murder podcasts and indeed, murderers themselves. Unreal...