Italy's Lacuna Coil will come to Belfast & Dublin in October with special guests Blind Channel. Tickets on sale Monday 10am.

Lacuna Coil
@lacunacoilofficial
Blind Channel
@blindchannel

Of no interest personally, seen them a couple of times earlier on in their career.

I liked a few songs off their early albums but haven't paid attention to them in a long, long time. Looking at the promo pics though, when did they decide to try morphing into Mushroomhead?

That's actually a great comparison. I checked out a track from the support there and it's in and around that ballpark. Hard to believe there's bands pedalling that style in 2024

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 22, 2024, 12:47:17 PMThat's actually a great comparison. I checked out a track from the support there and it's in and around that ballpark. Hard to believe there's bands pedalling that style in 2024

I stuck on their top track on Spotify out of morbid curiosity - wow, just wow, I had to turn it off after 30 seconds. Yet it somehow has over 70 million plays!

Legitimately could stick it in the Worst Music thread.

Wow- that was the track I checked out. I was convinced 70k listens and you'd made a mistake. Surely those listens were bought, even name acts don't have that sort of count next to a track.

#5 April 22, 2024, 01:07:21 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 01:10:24 PM by Ducky
You might be on to something there - their other tracks seem to be around the one or two million listens (which is still hard to understand considering just how bad they are; I queued up their "XOXO" track and it's an even worse song), so the jump to 70 million plays is a little suspicious.

Edit - I just googled it - the 70 million plays come from it being Finland's 2021 entry! :laugh:

Quotethe 70 million plays come from it being Finland's 2021 entry

Still seems mental!

And it's still shit!

I've dropped the video in the appropriate main thread :laugh:

#9 April 22, 2024, 02:34:04 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:39:15 PM by Pain Medicine
I remember watching Eurovision the year Blind Channel was in it and thought their song was okay. It didn't seem any worse to me than the actual early 2000s nu-metal it was trying to hark back to.

Listening now, I think it's inoffensive and better than Germany's Lord of the Lost entry, which I think merits debate on banning all future German music exports. Possibly even Nuclear deterrence if they don't desist.

Having never heard them before, I now have to give Lord of the Lost a whirl  :abbath:

Quote from: Ducky on April 22, 2024, 05:07:39 PMHaving never heard them before, I now have to give Lord of the Lost a whirl  :abbath:

What I could hear of them while queueing at Maiden's merch stall (ie most of their set), they were, even by usual Maiden support act standards, truly shit.

#13 April 25, 2024, 04:15:28 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 04:35:36 PM by BobbyAxelrod
I used to adore this band and had a ticket for their last Dublin show,but didn't make it. Nice to see them coming to Belfast.

Edit: That support band is God awful. Nu-metal was my introduction to metal and a genre I'm still fond of. Not like that, though. It's like metalcore with pop and rapping.

I think Lacuna had potential, I liked the first few records and seen them a couple of times back then. By the time Karma Code came it was clear to progress they needed to get rid of that god awful male vocalist. Brings all their stuff into Eurovision territory. I know that's where they are anyway but he just brings things to an unacceptably cheesy level