Landed in Osaka last night. Heading over to Gorilla Hall in the next few minutes to get stuck in to a couple of days of black metal and harsh noise.

I will do a little report on what I see here for posterity's sake, and to make you all jealous of my amazing jetsetting Instagram lifestyle  8)

Japan is amazing! Get ready for the miso soup! With everything, lol

#2 April 06, 2024, 10:48:15 AM Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 10:50:13 AM by Mithrandir
Looking forward hearing about the spud going global and NHV's moonlight as techno raver and black metal desecrator after all these years.

Did ye bump into Galway Dave at it? Not sure if he brought that Connaught flag this time.

He's a great chap, couldn't talk highly enough about him. Covers some very serious miles every year getting to festivals.

I did indeed. Bumped into Raluca as well. And Yoni from Grave Miasma. And Goth Eric. Not too mention the Aussie contingent. A good days madness, but I'm wiped. All I'll say for now is Beherit were so good. The atmosphere, the sound and performance were all lethal.

Is Galway Dave the lad with the curly hair?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 06, 2024, 03:45:25 PMI did indeed. Bumped into Raluca as well. And Yoni from Grave Miasma. And Goth Eric. Not too mention the Aussie contingent. A good days madness, but I'm wiped. All I'll say for now is Beherit were so good. The atmosphere, the sound and performance were all lethal.

Did you see Diocletian I think they played the pre-show and how were Death Worship? I was wrong in the other thread about Death Worship I saw them last October. They blew me away live and the crowd went mental for them trying to pull up the barrier that was separating the crowd from the stage.

I didn't go to the Diocletian gig. We only arrived in Osaka that evening.

I thought Death Worship were alright. Not into them really, but the others were raving about them so it might just have been me.

Checked out the venue there looks like a cool spot. Capacity 1200, was there many at it?

No idea what the numbers are but the place is packed.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 07, 2024, 12:46:05 AMI didn't go to the Diocletian gig. We only arrived in Osaka that evening.

I thought Death Worship were alright. Not into them really, but the others were raving about them so it might just have been me.

Nice, how was day 2? did you see Genocide Organ?

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 07, 2024, 06:17:27 AMChecked out the venue there looks like a cool spot. Capacity 1200, was there many at it?

It sold out a month or two before Christmas.

That's amazing - it's a quirky lineup in some respects. A full house is unreal.

A lot of it was down to it not being directly said but hinted at, that this would be the only Beherit performance then as soon as tickets were nearly sold out more shows were announced + so many people from the West wanting to see Japan. I highly doubt this would sell out again unless a crazy headliner was announced. A lot of people saw it as a once in a lifetime type of thing.