It's well worth picking up the Heart And Soul boxset, it's got the majority of their studio output (inc. demos & singles) spread over 3 discs plus a live one an' all. A few bits missing apparently but there's about 40 non-album studio tracks there.

#2131 Today at 01:43:32 PM Last Edit: Today at 02:40:31 PM by Carnage
Yes: Fragile

I've never really listened to them but this came up in the Rick Beato / Les Claypool interview so I said I'd give it a go. It has its moments but isn't really for me.

Jean-Michel Jarre: Oxygène

First listen to this as well. We've all heard Part IV and I always regarded it as fairly cheesy and throwaway, but in the context of the album it works fairly well. The whole thing is so well produced too, that carries a lot of weight. Enjoyable.

FSOL and The Orb owe him a hell of a lot.

I absolutely love Fragile.

Ah yeah, it's not bad or anything, just not hitting the spot for me. On another day, in another mood it might be different. I'm not the biggest prog fan so was just dipping a toe in the water anyway.

Culper Ring: 355

Quote from: Carnage on October 04, 2026, 09:22:21 PMIt's well worth picking up the Heart And Soul boxset, it's got the majority of their studio output (inc. demos & singles) spread over 3 discs plus a live one an' all. A few bits missing apparently but there's about 40 non-album studio tracks there.

I'll def check that out. It was interesting to hear the original EP and hear him sing in his normal voice rather than his usual baritone! I moved onto Movement after which is the opposite: Bernard Sumner singing in a forced baritone rather than his normal voice  :laugh:

Yeah, it just wasn't the same. Movement's decent but has nothing on the JD material.

That boxset is great but the tracklisting is annoying, stuff out of order and scattered across the discs - apart from the album tracks themselves, they're grouped together. As I was reading Hook's book on the band I threw a chronolocigal playlist together from the studio material, grand for showing the development of the band and the songs.