January 11, 2024, 07:59:47 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 11:50:17 PM by DJ Sniffles Reason: :D
I really like graffiti obviously it's very hip hop culture but it would be awesome to see more of it in the metal scene. Some bands have graffiti fonts for their logos but it's usually bubble fonts. Wildstyle reminds me so much of death metal logos would be cool if that was used in logos or album artwork especially in the likes of the black and death metal scenes spice things up a bit. I would also love to see more graffiti inspired by metal too not a lot of it at the moment

edit: hip hop and punk culture :]
Turntables go eeeeeera era era

Graffiti, in Europe at least, is surely as punk/anarcho as hip-hop...? Graffiti is good when it's good. Most you see is not good. It's a bit like the original social media: first there was journalism, then there was the opinion of anyone with a Twitter account, and first there was art, then...

Exactly, black metal and death metal are so boring. What they need is hip hop culture to save them from their own innate dullness.

Quote from: Mithrandir on January 11, 2024, 08:17:18 PMMe wanna banana

I'm drinking a glass of apple juice right now :]

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 11, 2024, 08:20:39 PMGraffiti, in Europe at least, is surely as punk/anarcho as hip-hop...? Graffiti is good when it's good. Most you see is not good. It's a bit like the original social media: first there was journalism, then there was the opinion of anyone with a Twitter account, and first there was art, then...

ya that's a fair point especially in Ireland is mostly just tags and not a lot of style or color to it. Also ya European graffiti is definitely more punk related than American graffiti. Like I said In Ireland is just tags not many fun throw ups or pieces like in other countries :[

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2024, 08:45:46 PMExactly, black metal and death metal are so boring. What they need is hip hop culture to save them from their own innate dullness.

lol I didn't mean like that I just think graffiti could go well with the music. Obviously graffiti is very colorful so if there were like black and white wildstyles with DM or bm themes i think it would look awesome together without taking away from the metal elements :]

:abbath:

#7 January 12, 2024, 12:28:33 AM Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 01:08:39 AM by Eoin McLove
It would, as you and I both know, look completely retarded.

My realisation after years of listening to all kinds of stuff is that the best black metal is the black metal that is black metal.

While there has been some wonderful graffiti, most, if not all, of what we see over here is utter shite with no artistic merit whatsoever. Just like in music, where vision and greatness creates a new path, it is inevitably followed by countless copycat shitehawks with nothing of their own to say.

To be fair, the polski boys improved the graffiti around here a bit but it's still only middling. The local stuff was fuckin awful before that

QuoteI would also love to see more graffiti inspired by metal too not a lot of it at the moment

I like a decent mural but otherwise it's like daubing shit on a wall. Pointless and ugly, and 'taggers' can eternally fuck off.

Quote from: Giggles on January 12, 2024, 02:20:06 PM
QuoteI would also love to see more graffiti inspired by metal too not a lot of it at the moment

that's some heavy looking metal :,D

That's pretty deadly tbh

hey btw how do you post a photo with your text? :0