Quote from: Scáthach on May 01, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
Does anyone have any idea about support for this? I heard it was gonna be Graveland, Absurd and a one off show from Burzum. Pick up your flags and jackboots at the door  ;)

Hoping for a surprise appearance from Mikko Aspa or Blackgoat to be honest...

Any idea if this is likely to be effected by the current news making the rounds?

Quote from: Hambeast on May 02, 2019, 12:02:51 AM
Any idea if this is likely to be effected by the current news making the rounds?

Like Winterfylleth are white pride and no one kicked up a fuss when they came to town so MGLA who despite recent tenuous links have never actually professed any right wing tendencies should be grand.

It's usually the venues that get wind of the controversy and shit themselves rather than the promoter.

Guess it just boils down to whatever the basic bitch antifa wannabes have on their agenda around the start of June.

#33 May 02, 2019, 07:13:35 AM Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 07:16:42 AM by Eoin McLove
Winterfylleth aren't white pride from what I can gather.  I read the interview in the recent Bardo and it's basically a look at England's history and mythology.  The only sort of brain that could interpret any of what the chap was saying as being white pride is the kind of brain that has been cracked by overexposure to too much lunatic politics. 

Edit. And I'm not even defending them out of loyalty as they aren't a band I listen to or am interested in musically.  Good interview though.

Quote from: celestinebabayaro on May 02, 2019, 01:59:32 AM
Quote from: Hambeast on May 02, 2019, 12:02:51 AM

Like Winterfylleth are white pride
Source? First time I've heard that

No it won't be effected. Plenty of bands have played here that have this nonsense go on in certain countries.
www.dme-promotions.com
www.facebook.com/dmepromotions
www.instagram.com/dmepromotions
www.twitter.com/dmepromotions

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 02, 2019, 07:13:35 AM
Winterfylleth aren't white pride from what I can gather.  I read the interview in the recent Bardo and it's basically a look at England's history and mythology.  The only sort of brain that could interpret any of what the chap was saying as being white pride is the kind of brain that has been cracked by overexposure to too much lunatic politics. 

Edit. And I'm not even defending them out of loyalty as they aren't a band I listen to or am interested in musically.  Good interview though.

If you're that uneducated on the matter, probably best not to reply.

From Metal Archives:

Ancient British history, Anglo-Saxon literature, the natural world, landscapes

Is that 'Ancient British history' white pride, 'Anglo-Saxon literature' white pride, 'the natural world' white pride or, perhaps most sinister of all,  'landscapes' white pride you are accusing them of? Or could it be that you're a brainwashed Antifa fucking spa. Hmmmm, I wonder!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 02, 2019, 09:32:37 PM
From Metal Archives:

Ancient British history, Anglo-Saxon literature, the natural world, landscapes

Is that 'Ancient British history' white pride, 'Anglo-Saxon literature' white pride, 'the natural world' white pride or, perhaps most sinister of all,  'landscapes' white pride you are accusing them of? Or could it be that you're a brainwashed Antifa fucking spa. Hmmmm, I wonder!

You seem upset.

At least you have metal archives to reassure you  :D

I detest the current climate of witch hunting and accusing bands of being white supremacist,  Nazi,  racist etc.  It's reductive, dishonest and damaging not only to the bands, but to the scene as a whole.

Quote from: celestinebabayaro on May 02, 2019, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 02, 2019, 07:13:35 AM

If you're that uneducated on the matter, probably best not to reply.
If you're much more educated on the matter I'd love to be enlightened about it

Yeah Mgla should be fine for the gig here, the rest of the Euro tour is going ahead, albeit without Deus Mortem. I thought white pride was a type of sliced bread  :)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 02, 2019, 09:59:33 PM
I detest the current climate of witch hunting and accusing bands of being white supremacist,  Nazi,  racist etc.  It's reductive, dishonest and damaging not only to the bands, but to the scene as a whole.

As do I, we should get matching "fuck metalsucks" tattoos some day that you're free.

Threads gone a bit off topic which is ok if it wasn't specifically linked to an upcoming show, it doesn't need this type of attention and I realise I started it, so maybe a new thread on the main forum is a better place to further the discussion.

Anyway, bought my tickets for this long ago cause I'm hipster as fvck and couldn't give a shit if I had to sieg heil just to get through the doors of the Voodoo.

I wish I could get a bike on which I could backpedal that quicklly.