November 09, 2023, 12:41:06 PM Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 02:40:25 PM by Carnage
FB_IMG_1699533681266.jpg

Support from Svalbard and Wayfarer. I'd be very tempted by this, bit surprised at the venue choice though. I'd have thought they'd fill a bigger venue.

Definitely surprised at the venue. Plenty of other acts of the same relative niche/popularity have done well in the Academy, right?

Class on a Sunday so a drive up down job. Wayfarer are mint too.

#3 November 09, 2023, 03:04:52 PM Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 03:12:51 PM by ldj
Nice, haven't seen them since the co-headliner with High on Fire a few years back.

My metal claim to fame is getting roasted by Grutle at that gig, stood in the middle near the front, had freshly clean shaved that day with short hair and he looks at me and goes 'This guy looks about 14, probably stole that beer from the Tesco next door'.

Would love to have caught the Below the lights set they did last week at Damnation.Their gig in 2006 in The village still one of my all time favourite gigs.An unbelievable band in the 2000s,but they lost me after Ruun.

Same as that. Couldn't see myself going to see them now unless there wasa no new stuff guarantee.

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 09, 2023, 04:09:55 PMWould love to have caught the Below the lights set they did last week at Damnation.Their gig in 2006 in The village still one of my all time favourite gigs.An unbelievable band in the 2000s,but they lost me after Ruun.

Class gig, same venue 18 years on.

Brilliant live band,be good to see them live again.

I would be well up for this if it was one of the Frost or Eld in full shows no chance of that though. Modern day Enslaved is terrible last time I saw them a few years ago I was bored to tears and left half way through the set.

Quote from: mickO))) on November 09, 2023, 10:57:53 PMI would be well up for this if it was one of the Frost or Eld in full shows no chance of that though. Modern day Enslaved is terrible last time I saw them a few years ago I was bored to tears and left half way through the set.

They are doing album sets at fests so still possible. I think they do a good set, generally mix it up with deep old cuts.

I quite like their new stuff, though not as much as their mid or early period material. I'd written off going to gigs after Swans but this might be worth a go. I'd be surprised if it wasn't changed to a bigger venue though.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on November 09, 2023, 11:07:50 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on November 09, 2023, 10:57:53 PMI would be well up for this if it was one of the Frost or Eld in full shows no chance of that though. Modern day Enslaved is terrible last time I saw them a few years ago I was bored to tears and left half way through the set.

They are doing album sets at fests so still possible. I think they do a good set, generally mix it up with deep old cuts.

They seem to be festival exclusives only. If it was going to be an early album only show I reckon the tour would be advertised like that as I think it would get a better turnout than just a set consisting of the progressive shit.

I must of seen Enslaved at least 5 times over the years maybe more. That 2006 gig mentioned earlier being the first time and they have never played anything from Eld or the 1st album. It was always 1 or if you are lucky 2 tracks from Frost. Looking at recent setlists they don't even seem to be doing the Frost songs anymore.

Pretty sure they played something off VV in The Tivoli. Maybe wrong though.