I'm sure this will be of interest to one or two. Bulk of the original lineup too.

https://thelastmixedtape.com/2023/10/16/the-smashing-pumpkins-weezer-to-play-3arena-dublin/

And by today's standard a reasonable 70eur.

Was the last time they played there was it the gig where the girl died? Have they played here since?

They played a few times since, last time was the Zeitgeist tour.

Any idea will this be a greatest hits tour or are they gonna be touring their last rock opera opus. Really lost touch with them in early 2000s.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on October 20, 2023, 01:02:04 PMThey played a few times since, last time was the Zeitgeist tour.

The Smashing Pumpkins played here a few times but never at The Point/Three since 1996.

I wonder if Corgan realises that it's the same room? He mentioned Bernadette O'Brien's names several times during interviews after the fact.

I saw them in The Point that night and on the next tour for "Adore" in The Olympia which was all seated - if I remember correctly. Either way that Olympia show was weird and a bit shit - Kenny Aronoff was on drums (he of "Jack & Diane" fame) and did a 15 minute drum solo that felt more like 3 hours.

"Adore" is the last decent Pumpkins record and I stopped listening altogether after "Machina".

I like Machina but Zeitgeist was a cracker IMO. Treading water since.

Oceania is awesome, I think it's up there with their best.

I was at that gig in 96. I thought it was 97 actually... but whatever. Really good gig apart from the tragedy and it being cut short. I think my wife has Adore on cd so I must give it a listen. I only know Siamese and Melancholy, but I'm fairly sure I had a loan of Gish in the 90s. can't remember anything about it now. They are one of those bands who, at their best, can make the hair stand on your neck. 1979 is one of those songs for me, as is Disarm. Perfection. I had a quick look and she seems to have all of their stuff, or at least the ones mentioned above so I'll check them out.

Mellon Collie is great. I liked Adore and Side 1 of Machina, siamese dream was the one I couldn't get into but it's me I know

Was at that gig as well. Fucking madness up the front. Scary shit. Gig itself was fucking awesome.
While mellon collie and gish are brilliant siamese dream is the pinnacle for me. A flawless album that I never get tired of. 

I remember being out in the front foyer when Filter came on and running in to the venue, jumping up on one of those permanent barriers that used to be there and jumping straight up on top of the crowd and surfing around. the crowd surfing was insane because of the crush up front but then when you would fall on the ground it took ages to get back up off the floor as 30 or 40 people would all go down together. It made for fun as a skinny 14 year old. The enormity of the tragedy was a bit beyond me at the time to be honest, but to think that that poor kid's parents were left without a daughter after what should have been a fun night out is grim.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 25, 2023, 09:38:12 PMI was at that gig in 96. I thought it was 97 actually... but whatever.

I only remember that it was 1996 because it was the same day as the FA Cup Final that Liverpool lost to United and had worn those poxy white suits.

I watched the match with my oul fella in some bar on Capel St. and then made my way to The Point. Ended up pretty much at the back of the venue. It looked wild in sections but we didn't know the extent of the tragedy til a day or two later.

For years after I had to tell my mother that I had seated tickets for big gigs.

Anyone go last night? Didn't bother with it myself in the end.