Hopefully he'll hit these shores. What size of venues you reckon he could do?

Surely he could do Olympia or Vicar Street?

British Lion only played Opium, but Bruce is probably a bigger draw than Harris. Plus British Lion are crap

#19 September 29, 2023, 11:09:43 AM Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 11:11:14 AM by Cosmic_Equilibrium
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2023, 04:30:09 AMI've never listened to any of his solo albums.

Accident of Birth is one of the best albums released in the last 30 years in any genre of music and is better than 90% of Maiden's back catalogue IMO. Get that one as an absolute priority.

The Chemical Wedding is fantastic as well and also worth getting, as is the following album. The live record from 1999 Scream For Me Brazil is good too.

The song isn't bad, I actually quite like it on first listen.  Pretty heavy, catchy chorus but that video is a bag of shit. 

#23 December 01, 2023, 04:34:33 PM Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:38:09 PM by Pain Medicine
You're all wrong re Maiden I'm afraid, their best albums have all been released since Bruce reunited with the band in 1999 (peaking with 2006's AMOLAD).

The song is okay, I like the chuggy riff. The B-side of the single is the demo version of If Eternity Should Fail (from The Book of Souls), pretty interesting to hear the demo.

The video is complete nonsense and not half as interesting as he thinks it is. I liked the goofy bits of Bruce dancing in front of the green screen tho.

That's not a bad song at all. Way more interesting than recent Maiden efforts anyway. The video is grand in a Dr Who corny way. I wonder with the lyrics and especially the harsh vocals at the end of Bruce has been listening to Amon Amarth. At least he is trying something new.

That's already better than anything off Tyranny of Souls, and I fairly enjoyed that album.

I've always enjoyed it, but I think the older I get the more I come around to the thought that The Chemical Wedding is the best record that Dickinson (and Smith) was ever involved in.

The 7" single has landed in the door.....

Sounds great, very interesting.

I do like a lot of Bruce's solo stuff.

Some of these days I'm going to have to stop watching music vids , the  older I get the more I'm fucking cringing at them. Just play the song on stage, that'll do for a vid lads.
The track itself is ok, heard much, much better from Bruce.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on December 02, 2023, 07:05:43 PMSome of these days I'm going to have to stop watching music vids , the  older I get the more I'm fucking cringing at them. Just play the song on stage, that'll do for a vid lads.
The track itself is ok, heard much, much better from Bruce.

That happened me a few years back. I can hardly watch videos at all because of it.

Saying that, I'd take the most cringe possible over a lyric video

I think it's a Bruce thing with me too. Obviously all our icons are knocking on now but Bruce in particular is really looking his age these days, obviously he's had his travails and fair play to him for battling through and coming out the other side. Has to be said his voice is in amazing nick still. I guess I just want to keep him as Long Beach Arena Bruce rather than Obi Wan Kenobi Bruce in my head.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes