August 18, 2023, 12:37:18 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 12:39:02 PM by Pagan Saviour

Bizarre. Is that place not tiny? Did EHG not sell out The Academy on previous visits?

Capacity is about 300, sounds about right to me.

They played Academy 2, not the main venue. They may have supported someone upstairs, can't recall but that headline show was definitely in the smaller room and wasn't sold out. They remain a largely unknown quantity I think.

Quote from: open face surgery on August 18, 2023, 12:40:43 PMBizarre. Is that place not tiny? Did EHG not sell out The Academy on previous visits?

In 2009/10 they played The Academy and everyone and their mother - yourself probably included - got a free ticket. Can't say anything about gigs since mind.

Sadly I paid for my ticket,  and they weren't great. Odd venue. Unsane were supposed to play there and it got switched to the grand social.

I do love EHG but...I dunno. A definite "decide nearer the time" job for me.

I think it was Easter weekend or something too.

No way delighted to see this was seeing all the flyers and now posts about the current shows taking place in England and thinking I would love to see them again.

Went to both shows when they played here that time in Belfast and Dublin. The Belfast show was on Easter Sunday. Enjoyed both also saw them twice in Canada. Never seen a bad performance by them.

Quote from: Squigs on August 18, 2023, 12:49:26 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on August 18, 2023, 12:40:43 PMBizarre. Is that place not tiny? Did EHG not sell out The Academy on previous visits?

In 2009/10 they played The Academy and everyone and their mother - yourself probably included - got a free ticket. Can't say anything about gigs since mind.

That was exactly what happened. :laugh:  :laugh: Struck me afterwards that I got a comp off someone.

I think there was a gig on in The Lower Deck after everyone bailed up to, Baachus or something like that.

I'll be the same as Jamie, week of decision

Last time they were here (last time in Belfast anyway) possibly 5+ years ago on the last album tour I think they played limelight 2 which is a fairly small venue. Last band I seen there was bolzer and for the ehg the place was fairly empty. Support band on a Tuesday numbers of people on the floor.

Quote from: Squigs on August 18, 2023, 01:54:42 PMI think there was a gig on in The Lower Deck after everyone bailed up to, Baachus or something like that.

I'll be the same as Jamie, week of decision

I think The Wounded Kings played the Lower Deck the same night. I was at EHG in the Academy and I'm fairly sure it was The Wounded Kings I went up to the Lower Deck for afterwards

Yes Leo it was Wounded Kings. Belfast the next night then Roadburn a few days later. Ash cloud fiasco. Glad I got to see near enough the Take As Needed For Pain EHG lineup. Just Williams and Bower left and they're a four piece now. Still might head to the Dublin gig as it seems to be a 30 year since TANFP tour.

Pahahaha not a chance, saw them there in 2010 and there were about 80 people on the audience.

I was at that gig, as mentioned above, and remember there being plenty at it due to all the comp tickets.