And where you at the Bowl for the first UK Ozzfest? Where has the years gone?

Ozzy, Sabbath, Foo fighters, therapy?, Slayer, Pantera (with both the brothers) fear factory, soul fly (before Max got fat and forgot to play the guitar).

Still have the ticket stub, 27.50.

Have the Kerrang from that week but was only 12, so no go. Was very envious of anyone there.

I was there! 3 day bus journey from Belfast with 1 nights kip in a motor lodge somewhere.

Great day, but a travesty in some respects - Therapy?, Foo Fighters and Soulfly playing above Pantera & Slayer - bizarre, but I guess a reflection of the period.

Soulfly did ok, but FF & Therapy? were total dogshit - Grohl simply couldn't sing while, Therapy? had lost Fyfe and were out of their depth, the spark had long since gone and they were too far up the bill. We didn't need a replacement for Korn - Pantera should have gotten a longer slot!

I'd say the Pantera and Slayer performance were phenomenal, some of the best I've seen to this very day. Feels like the 101% proof live album was very close to what we saw that day in terms of sound and energy!

Sabbath "clicked" for me that night - I didn't really get it before, was only 16 on the day and too young to understand before that - but it sank in watching them - "woah dude, they invented all of this... It all stems from Sabbath". A slight oversimplification of course, but I left a changed kid!

Fear Factory, Human Waste Project, Neurosis & Life of Agony (with Whit Crane singing) were also cool. FF's Obsolete hadn't been released and we got 2 tracks off the album plus Rhys Fulber on stage with them, they were amazing - every subsequent FF gig I've seen was a total let down!