Just finished Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, a book debunking medical nonsense in the media, revealing the bullshit being pedaled by the vitamin and supplement pill industries, homeopaths, energy healers and quacks of all sorts, and lifting the lid off the corruption, deceit, lies and general cuntishness of pharmaceutical companies.
Great read.

Warning - reading this book may lead to feelings of furious rage and anger.

Currently reading The Secret Of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost. Essential reading for any peaks nerds. I also picked up the Godfather and the official Iron Maiden biography in the car boot for only €3. Well chuffed with that!

I grabbed a copy of David Copperfield, which was apparently Charlie Dickhead's favourite of his novels. Let's have a look.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on July 07, 2021, 11:21:48 PM
Just finished Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, a book debunking medical nonsense in the media, revealing the bullshit being pedaled by the vitamin and supplement pill industries, homeopaths, energy healers and quacks of all sorts, and lifting the lid off the corruption, deceit, lies and general cuntishness of pharmaceutical companies.
Great read.

Warning - reading this book may lead to feelings of furious rage and anger.

I'll grab a copy of this, it sounds really interesting... you may check "The Coddling of American the Mind" for related stuff.

Currently on John Cooper Clarke's autobiography. Very good so far - the man obviously knows how to spin words.

I'll grab a copy of this, it sounds really interesting... you may check "The Coddling of American the Mind" for related stuff.
[/quote]

Thanks man, I'll look that up.

Currently reading 'Lolita'. Probably won't be taking this one into work. Funny thing is it almost feels like a quaint taboo what with all the frivolous shite people get themselves worked up over these days..
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Carnage on July 07, 2021, 12:39:27 PMThe Woman In Black by Susan Hill just came through the letterbox so it's either that or Hilary Mantel's The Mirror And The Light next.

Went for The Woman In Black in the end, finished it the other night. Enjoyable, if short. I must watch the recent film again, if memory serves it's not too faithful. There's a late '80s TV version that's meant to be excellent, I must look out for that.

Just finishing off the 3rd book in the original foundation trilogy.

Has any one hear read the other prequels and sequels in the series, are they worth the effort? Or is it best just to leave it at the original three?

In the local shopping centre I wandered over to a newsagent. There was a heap of books going for a mere $5 each (around €3). I picked up Emma by Jane Austin (in on a classic buzz) and Filth! Two more complimentary titles there never was  :laugh:

Both ends of the spectrum right there alright. Oul Jane would have fainted if she ever got to read Filth!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Jane Fanny Flaps Austen.

Picked one randomly from the ever-increasing to-read pile: The Algebraist by Iain M. Banks.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 19, 2021, 02:08:21 AM
In the local shopping centre I wandered over to a newsagent. There was a heap of books going for a mere $5 each (around €3). I picked up Emma by Jane Austin (in on a classic buzz) and Filth! Two more complimentary titles there never was  :laugh:

If memory serves, Emma has a few sentences along the lines of "He ejaculated in her ear."

Great stuff. I'm in need of new wanking material.