Currently reading Liseys story by Stephen King. Slow start but starting to ramp up now.

I'm reading 'bonjour tristesse' by Sagan there in French . Positives ; it's mostly in the passé compose so it's easy to read. Negatives ; Chris will get immense schadenfraude at the thoughts of me struggling through this simple book about female sexuality (Christ) and having to look at a dictionary every two minutes, having paid for the privilege.

I was branded 'stuck in the past' at a session last night for mentioning I've started reading Moby Dick  :laugh:

You need to find some new acquaintances..  :laugh:

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on June 06, 2021, 11:16:34 AM
I was branded 'stuck in the past' at a session last night for mentioning I've started reading Moby Dick  :laugh:

I bet there's something you're leaving out here, like you actually said, "I've just started reading Herman Melville's new book, Moby Dick."  :P

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 06, 2021, 01:37:22 PM

I bet there's something you're leaving out here, like you actually said, "I've just started reading Herman Melville's new book, Moby Dick."  :P

:laugh:

Finished it last month or so ago, im with ye in the past 😎

Read it before Xmas,  we'll all be at some gig or festival in the future  debating the whys and wherefores of  it  while scratching our bearded smigs no doubt.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Reading Nomadland

Grabbed a couple of new books to keep me ticking over.

The God Equation by Michio Kaku.
Languages of Truth by Salman Rushdie.

Can I resist diving in right away? Of course not! Here we go....

Michio Kaku writes great books allright in fairness to him, I don't share his enthusiasm for string theory but I've really enjoyed any of his stuff I've read none the less.

Just finished The Ginger Man by JP Donleavy, a book I've been meaning to read for years and finally got around to this week.
The main protagonist, Sebastian Dangerfield, is without doubt the biggest all round scumbag and general piece of human trash I have ever come across in a book.
Brilliantly written, great read.

I read that years ago now, excellent stuff. Reminded me of Tropic Of Cancer, though it was much more entertaining.

He only died a couple of years ago too.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on June 10, 2021, 12:20:36 AM
The main protagonist, Sebastian Dangerfield, is without doubt the biggest all round scumbag and general piece of human trash I have ever come across in a book.
Brilliantly written, great read.

Is he worse than Franco Begbie?

DC Bruce Robertson is probably worse than Begbie IMO.

Franco is pure evil.  Must check this other dude out if he gives him a run for his money!