Forgot about this but to anyone interested, Vibes and Scribes do a 12e for 3 (5e each) deal on fiction, obvious titles here but still a grand deal.

https://www.vibesandscribes.ie/3-for-12-fiction/

Oh you bastard. I have 100+ books in my to-read pile and now there's this.  :laugh:

Seeing it in the list there, I heartily recommend A Canticle For Leibowitz.

Quote from: Carnage on April 08, 2021, 11:24:50 PM
Oh you bastard. I have 100+ books in my to-read pile and now there's this.  :laugh:

Yup I half wish I hadn't found it have plenty to get through lol

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 08, 2021, 11:27:09 PM

First one that caught my eye, in fact. Any Hemmingway recommendations? I see a few there, he's someone I've wanted to read for a long time.

My old fella sent my 5 of his lately. He recommended Old Man and the Sea first followed by For Whom the Bell Tolls.

A farewell to arms is a good read.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on April 08, 2021, 10:45:21 PM
Forgot about this but to anyone interested, Vibes and Scribes do a 12e for 3 (5e each) deal on fiction, obvious titles here but still a grand deal.

Nice one, just signed up there
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on April 08, 2021, 10:45:21 PM

Put in an order after I saw this, they landed on this morning. Great stuff. Picked up The Road, some Joe Hill one and Canticle for Leibowitz which has been on my wishlist for a number of years. Just started the 3rd Robin Hobb trilogy (out of 5) so it'll be a while before I get to these new ones.

Didn't see anything about delivery prices to out foren...

Quote from: Carnage on April 08, 2021, 11:45:38 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 08, 2021, 11:27:09 PM

First one that caught my eye, in fact. Any Hemmingway recommendations? I see a few there, he's someone I've wanted to read for a long time.
Old Man And The Sea is the only one I read and I thought it was great. I should read more of his stuff really

I finished KK Downing's book yesterday.
It's was terrible tripe. I didn't make me want to go through the discography as most of these type books do. He seems so bitter.
Anyway I'll have to get the Rob Halford book to see what he has to say.

The Halford one's great, apparently.

Picked up a couple of Orwell books (The Road To Wigan Pier & Down And Out In Paris And London) for £2.25 each on Amazon, if anyone's looking for a bargain.

Quote from: Circlepit on April 14, 2021, 05:40:37 PM
I finished KK Downing's book yesterday.
It's was terrible tripe. I didn't make me want to go through the discography as most of these type books do. He seems so bitter.
Anyway I'll have to get the Rob Halford book to see what he has to say.
Hears good things about Halfords book but haven't got around to it

I always find when a couple of members of bands put out an autobiography there's usually a heap of contradictions between them all, especially when one is pretty bitter about things

Diving back into Labyrinths, a series of short stories by Jorge Luis Borges. Complex and heavy reading, but fascinating and strangely humorous.