Went to see Midsommar last night. Thought it was pretty good. The tripping scenes in particular were very well done I thought, certainly worth the watch.

Went to see it last night, I thought it was brilliant. Profoundly disturbing and I'm still thinking about it a lot this morning. I liked the conclusion, it fit the theme perfectly, it didn't feel like anything was disjointed or felt out of place. Everything was tied up nicely, I felt.

Yeah overall it had a pretty uncomfortable feeling, which I liked. Some parts seemed kind of unnecessary, such as the  thesis argument, unless there's a significance I'm missing.

Florence Pugh's performance in it was excellent.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 22, 2019, 10:07:46 AM
Watched The Handmaiden last night. Wow! Easily one of the best Korean movies I've ever seen, and that's really saying something.

That was class. Any other Korean movies you recommend. Haven´t enjoyed a film like that in quite a while.

Apart from the stand out classics Oldboy and Lady Vengeance, I'd also recommend Two Sisters, Thirst, and JSA. There's also Stoker by the same director as Oldboy and The Handmaiden, but made in the US, starring Nicole Kidman. It's also excellent.

I'd second the recommendations for Stoker, and JSA in particular. Excellent film set on the DMZ between North and South Korea. If yr not sick of zombies Train to Busan is worth watching too.

Yeah, well I'd watch just about anything with Nicole in it but Stoker is indeed a good one with the also rather excellent Mia Wasikowska in there too.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Walking over to get coffee today and some guy came driving in the entrance to my works car park..

Silver car... OCP logo on the door  8)

Watching 1 and sticking 2 on next  ::)

Hellboy 1 was on tonight. How did that amazing work become the latest load of muck? Bring back Ron Pearlman and Guillermo del Toro ffs

Since there's a kid with us here now and cinema is therefore out of the question, just ordered a BenQ projector there. Took about 5 months of sporadic research bursts to finally decide; it's a HD jungle out there!

Heading to Waterford later to see Aplocalypse Now Director's Cut. Fucking thing is almost 4 hours long  :(

The Redux version? It's great. The documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now is excellent too. Think it's just called Heart of Darkness, or something similar.

No, I have Redux on DVD. This is another new version, apparently. Sorry - "Final Cut"

QuoteForty years after its original release, audiences will get the chance to experience Apocalypse Now Final Cut, a never-before-seen and newly restored cut of Coppola's spectacular cinematic masterpiece in a way which the director believes "looks better than it has ever looked and sounds better than it has ever sounded". Restored from the original negative for the first time ever, Apocalypse Now Final Cut is Coppola's most realized version of his multi-awarded classic

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 13, 2019, 02:39:25 PM
The Redux version? It's great. The documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now is excellent too. Think it's just called Heart of Darkness, or something similar.

Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102015/

Bloody great stuff