https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/aug/29/so-extra-how-the-directors-cut-became-hollywoods-latest-ruse-to-milk-fans-dry

Interesting opinion piece about bullshit almost-instant theatrical re-releases of movies with extra unessential footage. Inspiration from limited editions in the music world maybe??

I'd well believe there is far more outside interference in movies, for sure, and that the released movie is frequently not what the director really tried to make. Still, Marvel movies with out-takes in the cinema can get fucked.

In the cinema atm.. Those two cunts are on giving fucking moronic previews of upcoming MOVIES...

Went out and got a cornetto to stab myself in the eyes and ears with... Jesus fucking wept

I got pretty fatigued with the Marvel stuff a few years ago but went back to them the last while and caught up. Have to say I would have loved it of they  finished it at Infinity War

Quote from: Trev on September 05, 2019, 06:16:06 PM
I got pretty fatigued with the Marvel stuff a few years ago but went back to them the last while and caught up. Have to say I would have loved it of they  finished it at Infinity War

Ya, I think that'd have been class.

Continuing the Marvel theme. I saw Dark Phoenix during the week. I was getting jaded from the X-Men stuff, particularly after that shit Apocalypse one, but I actually quite enjoyed this.

Also watched the 4 Rambo movies in preparation for the final one coming out. 1 and 2 are classics, 3 is grand and 4 is mental in the best way possible.

Back from the new spiderman, decent enough. It's gona be really hard for anything to come after something like a build up to end game tbh

Ticket booked for IT2 tomorrow at 1pm, tbh I'm not expecting a whole lot. The first was alright and I've got the feeling part 2 will fall short of the expected mark  :abbath:

Not seen Dark Phoenix yet, the X-men movies (not including DP) overall haven't faired fairly well. DOFP is probably the best of the lot. I went back and rewatched them last year and the original ones are fucking terrible  ;D :laugh:

On Rambo, I think 1 and 4 are the best of the lot to date.  Be interesting how 5 pan's out., I can only assume he's going to die in this one to end it off unless they keep milking it ?  :-\

Rambo never dies..

Rambo kills death.

May check out IT 2 over the weekend. The daughter has inherited my taste for horror and I'm trying to think if I can sneak her in as she liked Pt 1 - she's 15 and absolutely won't pass for 16  to get in otherwise god love her, so we'll see.

Trailer just on before IT2.. The shining follow up movie with Ewan McGrevor!

IT2, it's OK. Nothing amazing 

Went to see IT2. Not great at all. Can people just please stop making films of Stephen Kong's books. They just don't translate to film very well.

Saw IT this evening, terrible film not surprising considering the first part was also very poor. Another film ruined by a stupid looking clown and dumb jokes. The comedian that looked like Dwight Schrute was so annoying. It could have been a great film with a decent team that would have been more interested in writing a good script and not cracking unfunny jokes and trying to cram in as much special effects as possible. Those zombie things or whatever they were suppose to be especially the one driving the car was so cringey. Even almost every jumpy part in the film was very predictable.

I guess most people are easily entertained these days. Also saw trailers for remakes of the Shining and another Black xmas remake  :-\ please just stop. It seems the standard of movies just keeps getting worse as the years go on.

I enjoyed the first part but the second one bored the absolute shit out of me. The daughter quite rightly pointed out that a lot of the CGI in it made it have the feel of a video game or something like that.

Watched "Depraved", Larry Fessenden's take on "Frankenstein" the other night. Not quite as amazing as reviews are making out but I enjoyed it. More drama than Horror really.

I think the Tim Curry version was much better especially considering it was a made for TV movie with a tight budget. The clown looked and acted a lot better.