Haven't seen the others, but the dialogue in Bone Tomahawk is actually of a very high standard, I found. That more than got me through the "slow" bits. Thought it was great overall myself.

My judgement might be clouded due to the fact that Brawl in Cell Block 99 suffers from pretty much the exact same problem. Admittedly BT was nicer to look at.

Bone Tomahawk def the better of the two due to the much better visual aspect of it. Reading Blood Meridian and rewatching Deadwood so it still paled in comparison to either, which is where my head is currently.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 02, 2021, 05:22:37 PM
Bone Tomahawk def the better of the two due to the much better visual aspect of it. Reading Blood Meridian and rewatching Deadwood so it still paled in comparison to either, which is where my head is currently.

Currently reading BM, thinking about starting Deadwood but I don't care much for shows. Will give it a go now (even though I love BT  ;D)

I kinda dip in and out of a flow with BM making some parts a slog but it's a fantastic beast of a yoke and I'm getting through it.

The dialogue in Deadwood is spectacular. Pure poetry. Worth watching an episode or two anyway.

Deadwood is just fantastic. Ian McShane in his best role ever.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 02, 2021, 09:14:53 PM
I kinda dip in and out of a flow with BM making some parts a slog but it's a fantastic beast of a yoke and I'm getting through it.

The dialogue in Deadwood is spectacular. Pure poetry. Worth watching an episode or two anyway.

BM is a tough one in that it is so rich with description. I was reading it nonstop last week but have it on and off at this rate. Don't see it ever being made into a film, or at least a true one.

Yeah eager to see Deadwood now.

Deadwood was great.
The really racist guy Steve was bloody hilarious.

In a break from my ongoing COVID-19/Lock-down/Modern Films Are Shite So I'm Watching New Hollywood 1970s films Festival (C19LDMFASSIWNH70s Fest for short) - last night's film was Carl Theodor Dreyer's incredible "The Passion Of Joan of Arc" (1928). Restored version just started screening on MUBI.

I haven't seen this since I was in college and it's the first time that I have ever watched it with an accompanying musical score (the score on the MUBI version watched is fucking class by the way -  done by Jesper Kyd for the re-release a few years back).

Falconetti gives a performance that is perhaps unrivalled in silent cinema. Dreyer and Maté shot this thing nearly all in close-up. The shot composition makes it all looks like a collection of perfect photographs.

This film is probably also on YouTube or somewhere - I presume the copyright has long run out on it.

Results of this could be excellent. The two they've already done together are quality, so a return to Cronenberg's roots with Viggo in tow...nice!
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/371808/viggo-mortensen-teases-disturbing-new-horror-movie-with-david-cronenberg/

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 06, 2021, 08:31:43 AM
Results of this could be excellent. The two they've already done together are quality, so a return to Cronenberg's roots with Viggo in tow...nice!
https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/371808/viggo-mortensen-teases-disturbing-new-horror-movie-with-david-cronenberg/
They've done three already, thought History of Violence and Eastern Promises were excellent. Tried to watch A Dangerous Method once when I was horribly hungover and gave up after half an hour, not the best choice of film. Never went back to it for a proper viewing

The film about Jung? Don't think I'd realized that was Cronenberg. Only caught the tail end of it on telly once.

Just saw in an article linked to the one above that they are doing a female reboot of Dead Ringers. Fuck sake like.

That's nothing. They're rebooting The Equaliser with Queen Latifah starring.

She is fuckin painful.