Only saw it for the first time myself lately and I enjoyed it, but I needed two bongs to get across the finish line.

Quote from: Aborted on June 22, 2020, 09:14:19 PM
Gona stick on patriot game and clear & present danger tonight, great shows and not watched them in a good while.

Watched Patriot Games recently, still really enjoyable. Reminded me of hours spent playing Rainbow 6!

Starting to regret getting Disney plus, ended up watching Frozen about four times in the last week with the kids. Those songs are catchy as fuck though

Quote from: astfgyl on June 22, 2020, 09:27:13 PM
I remember Patriot Games being the better of the two but both pretty enjoyable stuff.

Was going to watch War of the Worlds tonight but it isn't on Netflix or Sky Cinema so I settled for The Two towers to try keep the small fellas occupied.

Yeah Patriot is definitely better, more grittier feel to it where as danger is a bit more typical of those types of movies.

Jesus I remember going to see  War of the Worlds with my dad when it came out.. like he NEVER goes to the cinema and the two of us in some type of father / son bond looked at each other at the same time and walked out. When the little girl is in the back seat and keeps talking and talking. It's def something we share but the two of us got so irritated we just fucked off for a game of pool. I watched it years later.. was right to leave!  :laugh:

No way, I actually really enjoy it for the mindless drivel it is. Even when a film is shit, I just try to imagine how bad being in the actual situation is and it brings on the enjoyment. Mostly.

It has its monents but it's not great overall. When Cruise was in shick in the house after the first tripod rises was good, the tripods themselves were well realised. Much better than the recent BBC adaptation, though.

I watched Snowpiercer the other day. A great idea poorly executed. I was genuinely expecting it to have a "... and then they woke up" ending.

I decided to get over it by watching Battle Royale for the 8th time or so. I still don't fully understand why yer man was in the woods with an umbrella, unarmed and unaccompanied but I won't let that bother me. I've never watched Battle Royale 2 because I've been told it's shit.

But the same people who told me that Battle Royale 2 is shit also told me not to bother with Escape from LA, because it was shit compared to Escape from New York. But I decided to watch it anyway and I quite enjoyed it. The scene where Snake Plissken rides a fucking tsunami on a surfbard through the streets before jumping off the wave onto a passing cadillac and hijacks it... worth it for that alone !

#847 June 22, 2020, 11:47:28 PM Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:49:13 PM by Carnage
I thought Battle Royale 2 was alright, good enough to buy anyway. I did not think the same about Escape From L.A., however.

I watched Bone Tomahawk last night. Kept my knees crossed for the last half hour or so, jesus. Decent film overall.

Quote from: Carnage on June 22, 2020, 11:47:28 PM
I watched Bone Tomahawk last night. Kept my knees crossed for the last half hour or so, jesus. Decent film overall.

Great show and fuck yes... going along then suddenly.. K  ???

there's an early 80s arthouse film with an Eskimo word as its title. No speech, just layers of found footage of the natural and urban world....

does anyone remember the name? I'm intending on buying the bluray for a friend's birthday but my addled middle aged brain has let it slip....

#850 June 29, 2020, 11:56:55 AM Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:08:26 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: mugz on June 23, 2020, 06:55:07 PM
there's an early 80s arthouse film with an Eskimo word as its title. No speech, just layers of found footage of the natural and urban world....

does anyone remember the name? I'm intending on buying the bluray for a friend's birthday but my addled middle aged brain has let it slip....

It's not the Francis Ford Coppola "Koyaanisqatsi" series, is it?

Quote from: mugz on June 23, 2020, 06:55:07 PM

Baraka perhaps?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baraka_(film)

Early 90s though...

Any old films worth a watch?

Really loved Lawrence of Arabia and Dr Zhivago. Anything else along those lines would be greatly appreciated

#853 June 29, 2020, 04:02:39 PM Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:43:36 PM by Carnage
A Man For All Seasons, the 1966 version. Slightly more recent than that but Gandhi is a good, sprawling watch.

sprawling is definitely the word I am looking for. Tried Spartacus last night but it´  s just a little too dated to hold my attention. Must give them 2 a shot