Finally got around to watching Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse. It was alright, not sure all the hype was justified.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 30, 2020, 05:35:47 PM
Finally got around to watching Midsommar. It sure looks great, but in terms of the film itself, I just don't know if the question "What would you get if you crossed The Wickerman, Population 436 and Hostel?" is a question that needed answering when, pretty obviously, just having a Swedish twist on The Wickerman would have made a better film.

As you can tell, I'm not fond of one-dimensional, or even two-dimensional, Yank assholes or brats in movies.

But it did look great, and an excellent score too.

Yeah agreed - soundtrack and visuals are fantastic, and turned a fairly solid film into a great viewing experience. Soundtrack is done by The Haxan Cloak too.

I think for a fairly similar storyline, 'Apostle' (Netflix) just didn't pull it off. Not bad all the same though.

Got a few Joe Begos films lined up for the weekend - VFW and Bliss. Have heard great things.

#662 March 30, 2020, 08:17:03 PM Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:43:41 PM by Aborted
Have heavy trip to watch tonight, heard good things

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7220754/

"symphonic post-apocalyptic reindeer-grinding Christ-abusing war pagan fennoscandian metal."   :laugh: :laugh: :abbath:

The most amazing movie I've ever seen   :abbath: :laugh: :abbath:

Watched a really cool film last night called The Great martian war. Its based on the war of the worlds and its shot like a history channel documentary.
They use footage from world war one and added in aliens and spacecrafts and stuff to it. Very cool idea and well done.

Watched Free Solo last night about Alex Honnolds free climb ascent of El Capitan. Even though you know he makes it, it's still nerve-wracking watching him thousands of feet in the air angling from his fingertips, great score too

Watched The Invitation, which while having a pretty cool premise was muck for the first hour and then failed to execute the premise well in the last half hour. Pity.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Figured it'd be pretty dumb. It was, but I also laughed quite a bit.

Quote from: Aborted on March 31, 2020, 12:57:24 AM

Where did you manage to find it? I just checked the link, cost €3m, worldwide grossed $22k?? Surely wrong.

Quote from: Emphyrio on April 05, 2020, 11:46:04 AM
Watched The Invitation, which while having a pretty cool premise was muck for the first hour and then failed to execute the premise well in the last half hour. Pity.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Figured it'd be pretty dumb. It was, but I also laughed quite a bit.

Thought the invitation was very good myself.
Didn't have a clue what was going to happen and I liked the ending.

Quote from: Snare on April 05, 2020, 11:51:37 AM
Quote from: Aborted on March 31, 2020, 12:57:24 AM

Where did you manage to find it? I just checked the link, cost €3m, worldwide grossed $22k?? Surely wrong.

It seems to be on amazon prime, I got a torrent online

Budget:EUR3,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend USA: $5,419, 7 October 2018
Gross USA: $10,153
Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $22,460

Ouch  :-[

Watched The Gentleman last night. Words I thought I'd never say - High Grant was great in it.

Quote from: Ducky on April 05, 2020, 02:14:41 PM
Watched The Gentleman last night. Words I thought I'd never say - High Grant was great in it.
He was fantastic in Paddington 2 also.

Watched Iceman last night. Not bad for the hour and a half but fairly pointless as well with nobody having any real motivation for anything. Or if they did have any, it was well concealed by the complete lack of dialogue