Went to see joker last night.
It was a fucking chore to sit through.
Ya Phoenix is good in it but the way people are hyping it up is bloody hilarious and annoying as fuck. A fella I work with went to see it 2 nights in a row ffs.
Rambo was much better lol

Is it true Joker has a Gary Glitter tune in it? Do ya wanna be in my gang... Fuck no!

#272 October 08, 2019, 04:51:38 PM Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:05:17 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Scáthach on October 08, 2019, 02:47:37 PM
Is it true Joker has a Gary Glitter tune in it? Do ya wanna be in my gang... Fuck no!

It does, yeah - "Rock N' Roll: Part 2".

I was sitting there watching and thinking "Is this Gary Glitter? Maybe I was wrong, maybe it's by Sweet or someone..." But no, it's a Glitter track.

I'm sure a few sports teams in the States still use it as well.

Quote from: blessed1 on October 08, 2019, 12:16:55 PM
Went to see joker last night.
It was a fucking chore to sit through.
Ya Phoenix is good in it but the way people are hyping it up is bloody hilarious and annoying as fuck. A fella I work with went to see it 2 nights in a row ffs.
Rambo was much better lol

I didn't think it was a chore at all, it flew by. But you're right about the hype. People saying it's going to win best film at next year's Oscars are fucking deluded. That said the farce that was "Bohemian Rhapsody" won this year... so what the fuck do I know?

Some of the fanboy stuff is hilarious for sure.

I saw something on Twitter along the lines of "This is the Joker that all Batman fans deserve!" followed by someone replying "Forget about Dark Knight, did we?" and then 30 odd tweets from fellas (it's always fellas) piling on, calling each other names and shit-flinging because they got upset that someone didn't like a movie that they've waited 12 months to see.

Watched an excellent indie horror last night called A Dark Song. It's joint Irish and Welsh production starring Steve Oram (Sightseers) as an occultist helping a woman contact her dead child. OK, doesn't sound like the most original thing but it's nothing like all that James Wan pish. It's really dark, slow burning and menacing. I won't say too much for fear of spoilers but if like me you had a misspent youth reading Crowley and the likes, there's lots to enjoy. 😈

Yeah, it's very good that. I watched "the Cured" and "Don't Leave Home" over the weekend, both irish and the latter reminded me a little of "the Dark Song" in tone and atmosphere, though it's a very different type of story. "The Cured" was surprisingly enjoyable too. Interesting spin on the Zombie idea.

This popped up on my youtube recommendations, remember seeing it years ago and completely forgot about it. Very good short Irish horror, worth checking out if you've a spare 10 minutes

https://youtu.be/XpURRW80LnM

Never mind the hype, never mind the fanboys, the Joker is a good watch for sure.

I saw Joker earlier, didn't enjoy it, to be honest.  I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, it just didn't click for me. My mate thought it was brilliant, though.

The new Breaking Bad film was entertaining. Not going to win any Oscars, but did the trick.

#279 October 12, 2019, 12:54:58 PM Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:56:50 PM by Pentagrimes
Joker was fine. Not awful,not amazing. Phoenix is very good but found the bit from the talk show on a bit naff. Hes a regular Fred Astaire though isnt he?

Worth seeing,no great urge to ever see it again. Loved the scene with the scissors though,that was enjoyably nasty.

Quote from: Pedrito on October 12, 2019, 09:00:05 AM
The new Breaking Bad film was entertaining. Not going to win any Oscars, but did the trick.
I liked it, it was more like an extended episode of Breaking Bad than a film. I think people were expecting bigger stakes or something but pretty much every one of Jessie or Walter's enemies from the show were already dead anyway.

Quote from: ldj on October 14, 2019, 06:29:51 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on October 12, 2019, 09:00:05 AM
I liked it, it was more like an extended episode of Breaking Bad than a film. I think people were expecting bigger stakes or something but pretty much every one of Jessie or Walter's enemies from the show were already dead anyway.

Exactly. It was like a last episode. Nothing ground-breaking but I enjoyed it for what it was. And it was nice to sit back into that cinematography that made it so great.

Deffo, well worth a watch, cool to see some of the old cast back together. A class series in fairness that I almost forget because of GOT fever. At least Breaking Bad was consistent and ended well.

I forget so much of what happened in BB that I've gone back to the start.  I think it needs a rewatch before l look at Camino.

BB got so bad around the time of the writers' strike I stopped watching and never went back. It actually put me off TV for a couple of years, which wasn't such a bad thing. Just like end of GoT, a real case of taking the absolute piss out of the audience and showing you have no respect for them whatsoever beyond being viewing stats.