Call of the Mastodon is also very good. I never listened to it until last year, since it's an oddity in their discography. It's basically their first album though and is very much like Remission.

Quote from: Necro Red on June 01, 2022, 10:58:58 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on May 28, 2022, 11:48:37 AM
Incredible album. Mad to think it's twenty years. Relapse was churning out amazing releases around that time. Nile, Cephalic Carnage, Pig Destroyer, Uphill Battle, Nasum, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dying Fetus, Skinless. Was primetime for a young gossoon. Mastodon were the last of the bunch I got into but are the only one I actively keep up to date with. Been meaning to throw on Leviathan lately but I'll add this to the list as well.
Did relapse go like Earache in a way? So many quality releases back then and a European site also. Seems to have dwindled really
Theyre still putting out some decent stuff, the likes of YOB, Inter Arma, Full of Hell would be the more notable of their newer stuff I reckon.

I think they diversified the roster a good bit but they are still carrying some heavy hitters and have far more credibility than Earache without question. Just that you mentioned the store it reminded me that I got a Portal - Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas LS and Suffocation - Souls To Deny SS from the US store back in the day. Another two albums for the list of quality releases.

Have been blasting Remission and Leviathan the last two days. Such incredible albums. Still sound fresh.