March 01, 2022, 07:17:44 PM Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:37:12 PM by El Morta
El Morta - Tak1
New release.
https://elmorta.bandcamp.com/releases

Two years in the making, El Morta  has collected the residue of their past, the wrung out filth and leftovers of a postcovid world and melded, at times, a futuristic sound shaped around our pharmacological age and other times a nostalgic trip through timescales our ancestors could only dream.

Make of it what you will

Members
Adrian De Buitléar
Darren Moore
Brian Delaney

Interesting to see the three amigos playing together again. The music is bizarre and not always easy on the ear but some elements work enough for me to give it a proper go. I hear little touches of Primordial and even Geasa (but that's a likely to do with my current listening habits) in the mix. The Living stands out as the strongest song right now, but who knows how the others will grow with repeated listens. I think the songs could be a bit more dynamic in terms of their structure as they seem to all follow a single purpose with few deviations. But that might be the point, and maybe with time and familiarity that won't be an issue. It certainly has its own character and in this day and age of cookie cutter doom, that at least much be applauded. I'll keep an eye out for a CD or vinyl. Oh, and did I not see a fourth song listed on the bandcamp page the other day?

Ya, there was a 4th song. This sounds a lot better than whatever was up a few weeks ago. Was that unmixed and unmastered?

No reason not to use real drums though.

Yeah the mix is much better, and that is particularly noticeable on the third song, which was track one originally. The vocal layers were clashing chaotically on that earlier version whereas now they are layered and used more as backing effects with one main lead vocal on top. Interesting to hear Mr. Moore attempt some female vocals, too. A modern man, wha!

Cheers for the thoughts men.
Yeah, we put the page online last week to see what it looked like, weren't the final mixes or mastered songs.
And sorry to sadden you but that would be myself on the female vocals ;D
Let's see how it goes.
A

It's high time you started wearing a mini skirt. I mean with those legs! The world needs to know.

Any plans for a physical release? We are back on to the music now, I should specify...

#6 March 05, 2022, 04:01:27 PM Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 11:56:25 PM by El Morta
No plans.

Here, El Morta Paprika...wait to see what reaction and see is a label interested? You sound like a very young person or somebody who moved to spain and lost touch with it...dunno what it is...but it is definitely not that.
Self released demo out by Morta, El next week.....try and learn the english :abbath:

Nice one. I'll grab a CD.