Be interesting to hear roughly what decade the death occurred. Legendary Cork venue,some serious bands passed through the doors!.Not sure what the last gig I was at before they ripped off the roof,could have been Behemoth or Skyforger.

Jesus, I hope this isn't the end to the stage diving/injury story in the other thread.

Never knew Skeletal Remains were even around that long, let alone that they played Nancy's.

Quote from: ochoill on October 07, 2021, 04:44:35 PM
Never knew Skeletal Remains were even around that long, let alone that they played Nancy's.

A good one   :)
Anyway, Skeletal Remains' first gig in Europe was in Wermelskirchen/Germany, in 2013. which I was lucky to be able to attend.

'Beat The Clock' in Nancy's killed many a poor soul.

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 07, 2021, 03:51:33 PM
Be interesting to hear roughly what decade the death occurred. Legendary Cork venue,some serious bands passed through the doors!.Not sure what the last gig I was at before they ripped off the roof,could have been Behemoth or Skyforger.

Shit, Skyforger, where did they get to ,the scamps
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 07, 2021, 03:51:33 PM
Be interesting to hear roughly what decade the death occurred.

Link says 70 years ago. We can ask Pat Clancy what gigs were happening around that time  :P :abbath:

Quote from: jobrok1 on October 07, 2021, 07:08:13 PM
'Beat The Clock' in Nancy's killed many a poor soul.

Christ I had forgotten about that. My brain had probably blanked it out.

Beat the clock...Myself and two buddies ordered 18 pints of smithwicks during the college years just before the hand hit 12.

My only memory is the scoffing of the barman 'dirty dishwater that shit lads'.

He was probably processing the weird order: Giz the weakest beer you've got... but 18 of them!

I was well into my 20's before I copped the lower alcohol content of ale!

The place turned into a real kip in the end unfortunately but I had plenty of great nights there, exciting times especially when I was very young and felt like a real rock star playing gigs in the 90s. Obituary played there in 1991, some story going round of bringing Trevor Peres up to Greenmount or somewhere to buy hash off some locals. Not sure where I heard that but it's a funny image

It was gone to shit by the end alright,when you look now at some bars booming on that street,the size of Nancys there could have been serious potential out the back .

Corks best metal venue, some great nights up there.